Michigan School Shooting

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
I watched the live broadcast of the arraignment of the parents in the school shooting by the 15-yr. old in Michigan. Each of them has been charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter, which is punishable with up to 15 yrs. in jail. They both pleaded 'not guilty' to each charge. Their bail was set at $500K ea.

Basically it comes down to whether they facilitated the killings.

Plenty of blame to go round. Why did the school administrators put him back in class vs ISS? Why didn't they search his pack and locker before putting him back in class? Ultimately it's the kid who should pay the largest cost, he pulled the trigger. 60yrs for the parents seems unreasonable.

When his dad went home to see if the gun was gone (before he called the cops and said he believed the shooter was his son) was the first mistake.
They should have had his ass yanked out of school the minute they saw those drawings and searched him!!!
Bad choices on the parents and the school!

That being said my dad bought me guns way younger than this kid was but back then it was not even a thought in anyone’s mind that we would shoot someone.

Maybe teachers should be allowed to carry these days?

When his dad went home to see if the gun was gone (before he called the cops and said he believed the shooter was his son) was the first mistake.
They should have had his ass yanked out of school the minute they saw those drawings and searched him!!!
Bad choices on the parents and the school!

That being said my dad bought me guns way younger than this kid was but back then it was not even a thought in anyone’s mind that we would shoot someone.

Maybe teachers should be allowed to carry these days?
(y) to all of the above.

There never very few if any threats etc back in the day. Social media to some extent along with erosion of family structure is at the core of this. We wanted Guns to hunt and trap, people didn't go out to buy them for other reasons. Yes, there was crime and hell the mafia handled most of that, but damn this is getting crazy.

I have some friends that have left law enforcement over the past year. One of them was a training instructor. He just said it's time.

I have some friends that have left law enforcement over the past year. One of them was a training instructor. He just said it's time

The tragic thing about this exodus of good officers, is that they will lower the hiring standards to fill those empty slots and we will get a bigger percentage of officers that will screw up in the future.
When CA. forced hiring minority officers on us in the 70's, by lowering test scores, we hired 3 officers under that CETA program. Within 2 years all three officers were terminated for poor performance on their probation period and the third officer fired for criminal fraud activity.
RELH

I have some friends that have left law enforcement over the past year. One of them was a training instructor. He just said it's time

The tragic thing about this exodus of good officers, is that they will lower the hiring standards to fill those empty slots and we will get a bigger percentage of officers that will screw up in the future.
When CA. forced hiring minority officers on us in the 70's, by lowering test scores, we hired 3 officers under that CETA program. Within 2 years all three officers were terminated for poor performance on their probation period and the third officer fired for criminal fraud activity.
RELH
This morning I saw a blurb where someplace is offering a $20K signing bonus. I missed where it was, tho.

I think Social Media causes lots of problems. Everyone throwing hate and insults because they can hide behind keyboard. Movies ans video games also along with family erosion as DH56 said. Guns are being bought for self defense along with power and aggression. Canada banned assault weapons last year. It is only time before a large scale effort to ban is enacted here. It is really sick and sad this stuff keeps happening. Its happened here in Idaho also.

I
I think Social Media causes lots of problems. Everyone throwing hate and insults because they can hide behind keyboard. Movies ans video games also along with family erosion as DH56 said. Guns are being bought for self defense along with power and aggression. Canada banned assault weapons last year. It is only time before a large scale effort to ban is enacted here. It is really sick and sad this stuff keeps happening. Its happened here in Idaho also.
What is an assault weapon? mtmuley

It is any weapon that a state or federal gov. decides it is one of those deadly assault weapons and must be banned. The Democrats in CA. tried to say that included any hunting semi auto rifle that was centerfire and used a detachable magazine. They passed it for a while until Gov. Gray Davis deleted the hunting rifles from the bill.
RELH

It is any weapon that a state or federal gov. decides it is one of those deadly assault weapons and must be banned. The Democrats in CA. tried to say that included any hunting semi auto rifle that was centerfire and used a detachable magazine. They passed it for a while until Gov. Gray Davis deleted the hunting rifles from the bill.
RELH
Sorry RELH. I already knew the answer. Hate the term. mtmuley

Florida and Texas has been offering sign up bonus for experienced cops that want to leave Democrat controlled cities.

RELH

It is far more then getting a little more money. Better work conditions where the department and politicians will back their officers when they are in the right and not sell them down the drain for a few liberal votes. Morale has a lot to do with good policing. Poor morale and p!ss poor policing for the citizens.
I was lucky to work in a beat where the citizens liked us and supported us. Made me wanting to bust my butt to insure they had good service and protection.
RELH

While I’m sure in time we’ll learn that this monster was a repeat customer of “the system”, I don’t blame the system here.

The system puts officers in our schools, but it also returns beasts like this kid back into the classrooms. You can’t believe how hard it is to get a kid kicked out of school.

But this kid wasn’t the cops or the systems fault. The parents own this evil.

Well we could fix things if people agreed instead of being divided. The reality is morals are lowering and hatred is rising. My feeling is that it won't get better. Civilizations have risen and fallen and this nation doesn't have some magic exemption to that.

Last edited:
Hogwash. Society didn’t make this kid a murderer. Some people are just broken. They need to be taken out of the system.

And yes, there is 100% statistical certainty that America will fall. As will humans.

Hogwash. Society didn’t make this kid a murderer. Some people are just broken. They need to be taken out of the system.

And yes, there is 100% statistical certainty that America will fall. As will humans.
It will be interesting to hear why the kid went off the rail & decided to shoot classmates. I suspect something set him off.

In that case I would expect a mass shooting here on MM at any time. :ROFLMAO:
Well then don't piss me off today because I'm running out of places to hide bodies. :cool:

gunslinger.gif

Media: The parents bought the gun for their son.

Parents: We purchased the gun and had it secured, we do not know how he got it to school.

So many issues with this one. If the parents can prove that they did not give their son the gun and and they made a attempt to secure it, they might get off. There is no way you will hear about how the gun was stored from the media. That angle doesn't fit their agenda.

wetmule said:
Yeah this is flyover territory - he could have just said the kid's parents are inbred hillbillies from the film Deliverance

Wetmule you keep up that criticism of "Hillbillies" and I may have to go "Postal" on you. You know my ancestors are famous for shooting people that they disagreed with.:ROFLMAO:

RELH

Media: The parents bought the gun for their son.

Parents: We purchased the gun and had it secured, we do not know how he got it to school.

So many issues with this one. If the parents can prove that they did not give their son the gun and and they made a attempt to secure it, they might get off. There is no way you will hear about how the gun was stored from the media. That angle doesn't fit their agenda.

Supposedly the parents bought him the gun as a Christmas present-

I don't understand why the hell you would post on social media advertising you bought a new weapon.

One of the crimes I see on the television all the time is somebody posts on faceyspace that they just got new rims, new big screen, won $10,000, etc, etc....... Next thing they know is their front door gets kicked in by some hood rats and they get robbed.

Yet another strike against using social media!

With that said, parents should start to be accountable. If they cannot handle it, there's help out there if they look.

Zeke

wetmule said:
Yeah this is flyover territory - he could have just said the kid's parents are inbred hillbillies from the film Deliverance

Wetmule you keep up that criticism of "Hillbillies" and I may have to go "Postal" on you. You know my ancestors are famous for shooting people that they disagreed with.:ROFLMAO:

RELH
My apologies RELH... I love hillbillies.... always hated those thieving McCoys. That said, I'm glad the price of kerosene & gunpowder is a bit high right now ;)

Last edited:
My kids are twenty somethings who grew up around the internet and all its bounties :rolleyes:

They still thought Deliverance was creepy:ROFLMAO:
We were on a short vacation trip to SF. We went to see Deliverance one night. My wife hated it then & reminds me of that fact every time I watch it on TV.

deliverance2.gif

Last edited:
. If they cannot handle it, there's help out there if they look.
Speaking of help....

I saw a billboard the other day that said, "Need Help?? Call Jesus" in big letters. There was an easy-to-remember 800# below it.

The next day I felt a bit down in the dumps, so I called the 800#. A guy with a Mexican accent answered and asked if I needed a tow truck.

Last edited:
We were on a short vacation trip to SF. We went to see Deliverance one night. My wife hated it then & reminds me of that fact every time I watch it on TV.

I saw the movie when I was about 12 on a local station, with plenty of "mature audience" disclaimers throughout. Still pissed me off/grossed me out so much! But, I was riveted by the flick, and the banjo scene was AWESOME.

Disturbing though.

We forget. Billy the kid, the James bros, etc, etc, etc.

Teenage boys have always had issues, some ain't good people.

Plenty of blame to go round. Why did the school administrators put him back in class vs ISS? Why didn't they search his pack and locker before putting him back in class? Ultimately it's the kid who should pay the largest cost, he pulled the trigger. 60yrs for the parents seems unreasonable.

Like I said, plenty of blame to go around.

Yer welcome Doc!?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom