Meteorites

Long Time Member
Anybody ever stumble onto any in the field. I know the Santa Rosa idiot had some grand idea of buying magnets and going looking for them. How about any other cool items like gold nuggets. About the only thing I find is Natural Light cans.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I have found pockets of natural gas once in a while. For some reason it seems to happen more often when I'm with a couple of my hunting buddies.

Found a couple of weather balloons over the years.
One had a prepaid bag with a return address.
(I couldn't seem to get the bag inflated to send it back though)

Found lots of old tools and such. My father in law found an old pistol while plowing. I found an arrowhead by my house after discing a field. My friend dug up 6 old winchester rifles with a backhoe while digging trench for a pivot main. No wood left, just rusted metal. When I was 10 (24 years ago) my dad brought a human skull to our house (no lie) which someone else had found on a butte not too far from our house in some rocks. The guy found it in the 60's and put it in a basement until my dad got ahold of it and took it to the cops. He turned it over to the crime lab and they ended up telling him it was an indian a little over a hundred years old they figured. I wanted to take it to school for show and tell but he wouldnt let me. I can only imagine my teachers reaction. As far as I know the rest of the skeleton was left up there. The weird part about it was the skull still had little strips of dried meat or something on it. Not alot just a little bit on a couple spots. People have called BS on that before but I seen it so I guess if its protected from the weather good enough a tough hide/meat can last quite awhile! Other than that Ive never found anything too exciting.

I had quite a nice old beer can collection that i gave away during my last move. A good buddy that i hunted and fished with always brought his metal detector to our camps and we'd go detecting during breaks from the sport. Lots of cone top cans, most all of the others were old enough to need a Church Key. Even buried as much as a foot deep, they were in remarkably good condition after being buried for so long a time.

Seems a good hunting-fishing-camping spot today could also have been a good spot back then and a lot of those time ago campers dug and buried their trash. Found lots of Blue bottles along with some neat tobacco tins, never know what might be in a old buried camp dump. Made for a nice break from the hunts!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>Anybody ever stumble onto any in
>the field. I know
>the Santa Rosa idiot had
>some grand idea of buying
>magnets and going looking for
>them. How about any
>other cool items like gold
>nuggets. About the only
>thing I find is Natural
>Light cans.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

You dickweed!

2311idiot.jpg

Never found (or recognized) a meteor..have "found" my share of beer cans even a button buck that was still warm having been killed by a lion (tracks in the snow).

Best thing I found is a CLOVIS spear point....between 13,000 & 14,000 years old.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

>Love to see a pic of
>your Clovis!!!!

Overton shows his clovis off at the clubhouse once a week from what rug says. His clovis is not that old though. Not even as old as Kilo's but still an antique.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom