meopta spotting scopes

carterj16

how are the meopta optics. never really heard of them until recent. anybody had them side by side to the more common optics?

I bought one from Cabelas about 6 yrs ago and sent it back.
I didn't think the glass was worth the money. Saved and bought a Swarovski.....night and day difference.

I owned one for several years and was impressed with it - very good glass. Made in former Czech Republic, the scope was also very well made and solid and had the characteristics of euro glass. IMHO, certainly not top grade glass, but not too far off. I got mine for a screaming deal and sold it for a profit, so I have no complaints!

I don't know about the scopes but the Cabela's Euro binoculars are made by Meopta and in my opinion are pretty good quality. fatrooster.

I have a good friend who has meopta scope and binos... i had never heard of them until he took me out to his ranch to spot some deer. I have a pair of Swaro SLC's and i was honestly impressed with the meopta product.

I was a Meopta dealer for a while. The scopes and binos are first rate. I used a meopta spotting scope for several years and it doesn't compare to their other products just for the fact that it has poor eye relief.

The 10x40 meopta binos were actually slightly brighter in lowlight than Swav Slc 10x40's. My go to binos are still Meopta 10x50's. That being said having used a Meopta spotter for several years I would buy something else (speaking of spotting scopes) because you just about need to touch your eyeball to the lens to get the full use out of it.

thanks for the advice, thats good to know about the eye relief and also that the binos are right up there with the swaros, so are the euro binos at cabelas that run around $800 the ones your talking made by meopta

I've owned a Meopta scope for about 10 years now and it is as tough as they come, I fell off the dog box on a bear hunting trip to Ontario some years ago and slammed the scope into the gravel and rock in the road....dented the cover on the lighted reticle adjustment I hit so hard, the scope zero never moved. I compared it with a Swaro before buying it...I couldn't tell any difference in clarity or brightness....only in price. I've had no problem at all with the eye relief either. In my opinion Meopta is the best scope on the market regardless of what all the Swaro fans say. Never used their spotter, but it has to be good seems to me.

Carter when I talked to Richard Gilligan (meopta v.p. sales/marketing) he claims there are some minor differences between the Cabelas branded meoptas and the reg. meoptas such as better/more lens coatings on the non-cabelas glass. He wouldn't go into great detail when I pressed him.

Knowing that info is coming from the head of marketing and it's in his best interest to claim that their more expensive glass is better, I take it with a grain of salt. I'd guess it's the same stuff but I don't know for sure as I haven't compared the meoptas and cabelas euros side by side.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom