memory test wyoming tag history

S

strang

Does anyone know what year wyoming changed from considering all choices before considering a license unsuccessful to the current system of condisdering all first choices first?

You can still draw your 2nd choice or 3rd choice as I do most years with a Region F deer tag.

Maybe I misunderstood your question?

Robb

Robb---Iguess at one time strang is saying that Wyoming used to have a system similar to what NM does now in that if you get drawn the computer goes through all three of your choices and gives you a tag in the order of your choices if any are left before it goes to the next person. That's what strang wants to change the Wyoming system to under his "fair" proposal. The problem with that is that a guy could draw his third choice and get a tag before a guy even has a shot at that same tag when it was his first choice. If the present system wasn't in place, then people might want to think about it. However, that is not the case and a change to the present system would screw all those people who are vested in it with a lot of PPs. I guess strang is going to keep starting more threads on this subject, but I guess he doesn't realize he's beating a dead horse. At least he didn't limit the responses in this thread to only residents!

Robb,
It was a difficult question to word. but yeah they changed the selection process some years back. And was trying to get the year they changed it.

I do not ever remember that?? process and I have been in the game for boo-coo years...

Sorry---not much help.

Robb

It has to have been before 1992 because that's how long I've been hunting out there under the present system and then the addition of PPs for NRs 7 years ago.

I've been playing in Wyoming since 1976 and don't remember when/if they considered all your choices first before moving on to the next applicant.
I don't think I've heard/remember that they ever did it!
Zeke

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom