Megacab?

justr_86

Long Time Member
My brother in law bought a 09 Megacab cummins a few months back. Likes the truck other than the 13 mpg empty and 10 loaded fuel mileage. He has a huge gooseneck camper and its the first time he has hooked onto it since he got the truck. Hooking up it looked a little close to the cab but figured it would be ok. He can't turn out of his driveway with it or the camper will hit the cab. Anyone else have this problem? The camper is a 08 I believe. I've never heard of it before, really sucks for him!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

If he has a gooseneck adaptor on a fifth wheel trailer then he should be able to go back to the fifth wheel hitch and buy a slider hitch for the bed of his truck....they slide rearward when he turns a corner.

86, he may have to have "a lift kit" put onto his trailer. We had a four inch kit installed on our horse trailer after purchasing a new 2008 GMC 3/4 ton crew cab duramax powered. This will make the first step harder to get into the trailer but it will help on the front end clearance. Cowtag

I can turn my wilson stock trailer sharper with my long bed than you can with a shortbed......why anyone would buy a shortbed for hualing a gooseneck/5th wheel is beond me.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

He has a shortbed so he has to have a slider(5th wheel) so it moves back for him. With the GN he can get a adpater ball that will get him 4" of clearace but lowers the amount of weight you can haul. Or they have a head that goes on to his Gooseneck part of the trailer that extends it out so the trailer sit farther back making turns alot easier on truck.
It take a 43* degree and turns it into a 60* degree turn or better.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I think he is selling the dodge and going back to his duramax. He never had any problems with it and its a shortbed.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

All I'm saying is whether 5th wheel or gooseneck, you can turn sharper with a longbed. The distance from the cab to the hitch is greater witch means you can jacknife it sharper.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom