Mega-Fight: Liddell vs Silva

C

Cabo

I don't care if they are both on a two fight losing streak. Don't matter. Any MMA fan has been waiting for this fight for years. This fight was supposed to happen when Chuck went to Japan and fought in a Pride tournament but he lost in the Semi's to Rampage. I don't see either guy going to the floor so it should be an exciting exchange of hands.

Las Vegas, NV (USA) ? For years, UFC? fight fans have speculated about the outcome of a historic dream matchup between two legendary figures in the sport of mixed martial arts, Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva. Tonight, on Spike TV?s 2007 Scream Awards, UFC President Dana White announced that this dream will finally become a reality when UFC and PRIDE former champions Chuck ?The Iceman? Liddell and ?The Axe Murderer? Wanderlei Silva face each other at UFC 79: NEMESIS live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center Saturday, December 29, 2007.

?Chuck and Wanderlei ? two legends in the sport ? will face off in the most important match of their careers at UFC 79,? said Dana White, UFC President. ?Chuck and Wanderlei have both wanted this fight for as long as they can remember, and this is definitely the fight that fans have waited for years to see. Finally, PRIDE?s most dangerous striker will face the UFC?s most dangerous striker, and the world will know after years of speculation who will win and who will lose this fight.?

Before the Rampage and then the Jardine fight I would have said this could be the fight of the year but I'm just not that excited about it now. Will I watch it?....Hell ya.
Randy vs Fedar is the fight everyone wants to see now, if it can ever happen.

Would've been better if it had happened last year. Both are coming of of two loses in a row and neither is a current champion. I'll still watching though.......

I watch every UFC Pay Per View, I certainly will be watching this one! The fights the other night were good, is there a better fighter at any weight than Anderson Silva? I don't think so.

PRO

I still have to say that this is the fight of the year. Better put is most anticipated. Silva was on hand when Chuck lost to Jardine. Had Chuck won, they were going to bring him into the octagon to challenge Chuck. Chuck lost, but even Jardine, who should probably fight Silva, isn't too disappointed knowing that everyone wants to see this fight.

I am impressed with Anderson for sure. But watching the Lutter fight, he did not look that good on the ground. Lutter almost had him caught a couple of times. I think Henderson could give him a challenge if he dropped weight in the UFC. I feel that Shogun and Fedor (i know, on the bandwagon...) are the most impressive. Yes, Shogun lost to Forrest and did not look that good. He had a torn ACL and has already had surgery. He was a stud in Pride but you can always make a case for the steroids issue that was big in Pride. Fedor is just a beast and so fun to watch.

>I watch every UFC Pay Per
>View, I certainly will be
>watching this one! The fights
>the other night were good,
>is there a better fighter
>at any weight than Anderson
>Silva? I don't think so.
>
>
>PRO

A Silva probably is the best fighter right now but the thing I love about this sport is pretty soon someone will come along and go right through him. But I agree, he is on top of his game right now for sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom