MEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

matt4695

Anyone out there have any killer recipes for deer or elk. This year I steaked out the back straps from my elk and had the rest of it ground into burger with 15% pork fat added. My deer, I steaked most of it and took the rest of the trimmings and had some breakfast sauage made out of it. I've been putting a light coating of rub on my deer steaks for 24 hrs and then frying them up in olive oil and slicing them up for the rest of the week. I'll make a sandwich every day. Soooooo good. With 320 pounds of meat, one has to make a great effort to try and eat game every day,,, I love it. I grew up in Idaho eating deer and elk. Best meat in the world.. I"m a trophy hunter but if i don't find that trophy at the end of the season, its meat time.

i have lots , but my recent favorite is deer, elk, or even pronghorn finger steaks. buy best of the west batter. cut meat of your choice into long 1/2- 5/8 " strips. rub those strips with your favorite spices. i like just plain old seasoned salt. you can use beer or water to make the batter. i prefer beer but i like too drink the beer while i cook ! then get a pan of hot oil on the stove. and shoot for 350 deg. WARNING THIS IS MESSY AND SMOKEY. USE THE RANGE HOOD ON HIGH AND HAVE LOTS OF PAPER TOWELS ON HAND ! and fry the strips. make a dip of your liking. i have been using store bought honey bbq and adding a little chilie powder and pinch of cumin. this is the very best, albiet not healthy, way to eat venison.

sounds like you enjoy burger. ha ha ha. one thing you may try in the future. i grind deer and/or elk with the packages of thick cut bacon ends/pieces you get in the grocery store. i mix around 10%. its awesome. smokey bacon burger flavor.

one of my favorite spike camp meals is take one pound of bacon and fry it till its almost done then mix in one pound burger and cook till burger is sloppy juicy mostly brown then drain all the grease and fry some more till all is browned good hamburger. also helps to but the bacon into two inch strips. surve as is or with some ketchup. usually fills two people. Mmmmm

spaghetti, tacos, enchiladas, meat loaf, chicken fried steak, hamburger helper, sausage gravy and biscuits, pita pockets with spinach and mozzerella, I'm sure there are more...

not sure about the spelling but add some cellontro to your hamberger and you will have some off the best tacos ever. add parselly to your steaks ans it will tame down any wild game flavors. I love animals , I love to eat them . havent bought beef in 17 years and dont plan to . also that makes the wife demand that I hunt , cant beat that .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom