Meat Processing

kilowatt

If I should fill my Deer tag in Jackpot area this fall, is there a Game Processing place around Twin Falls area? It would be closer than driving all the way to Elko to one I know there.

Any help will be appreciated. I checked thru the "search" here for Idaho forum and nothing except way up out of Jerome and Shoshone I think it was.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo: If you know and trust the meat process it might be worth the ride to Elko. There is one called Bisharat Market, 177 Main St. Inkom,Idaho 208-775-3511 as long as they are still in business. I have been told that guy does a pretty good job. I called them about four years ago when we had those hot 90++ early September archery elk days for a place to hang game. It is just a ways down from Pocatello. Most others in the area... it is a crap shoot.:) I have heard a lot of bad stories of lost meat, less meat, with most there is some issue when you talk to the locals regarding processers in SE Idaho,wrong cuts,places just turning an entire elk into hamburger even when told of specific cuts. I could not give you any other I would trust and want to take my meat to for processing. I may hang something in hot weather but if you want salami, links, etc. most of those guys are only into cuting, hamburger,steaks, roasts etc.

We usually ice everything down and take it back to Cali to our normal meat processer.

Good Luck,

)))).......>

Pretty good one in Filer, Id. By the way great tag drawn. Been trying for it for 10= years~~

I would try in Twin Falls, ID. There is at least 4 I can think of off the top of my head and it is within an hour. Inkom, ID is 3 hrs away and is only convenient if you have to go to Salt Lake CIty.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-29-11 AT 01:39PM (MST)[p]LEET...I did another check and used Filer area and there is one there by the name of KNUTSON'S KUSTOM KUTTING on Main St. in Filer, must be the one you are thinking about.

Also found another one in BUHL by the name of B&L Meats...so at least there are a couple around that area if I need to get them into a locker due to warm weather.

Thanks,
Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom