Max points elk

breeezey

LAST EDITED ON Dec-11-12 AT 01:26PM (MST)[p]I am torn between a few units. I know the chances are slim for any of them but if I draw I know that it will be a one shot deal. Never will I draw a primo unit again without max points. I am mostly focused on 58 late and 113. I hunt archery so 113 would be good in the rut. 58 would be better in the rifle.

I am leaning towards 58 since I have mules. What do you guys think?

With mules, the rifle hunt would probably result in the chance at a better bull vs. archery for the average hunter.

It's bacically what lights your fire. Being out when they are in the rut during the archery season is the best time for me, regardless of whether a tag is filled or not. I would probably have to agree that if you are just looking at it from the standpoint of filling the tag on a once-in-a-lifetime hunt and you have mules that the rifle hunt would probably be best for you.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-12 AT 01:14PM (MST)[p]58 would be a great unit. got some very nice bulls in the unit...

the type one tag is a great option..only 35 tags are given out at least this year........

i would check the archery season to make sure 58 has archery dates and you could still bowhunt.

but i would hunt the unit in novmeber while the migration is hot and heavy. a chance at a monster is highly possible.

i mylself would love that tag but as a resident i have no chance of drawing it........

mules would be perfect for that unit....and a chance to see some awesome country.......

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom