Master Student Stats Help

T

thebroker

LAST EDITED ON Jan-18-13 AT 12:42PM (MST)[p]I have a Stats assignment due Thursday that requires a survey. I have decided on a specific population of opinionated Pro gun folks. I figured this would be a great place. The survey is also being sent to military personnel. Please if you have a second complete it and send to my inbox. All PMs will be immediately deleted once I compile the results.
Thanks in advance.

This is a random survey designed to measure the opinions of a specific target population. The population is those of Pro Gun. These are the presidents recommendations as of January 15, 2013. Please assign a number to each question with 1 being the lowest(strongly disagree) and 10 being the highest(strongly agree).
Require background checks for all gun sales
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Strengthen the background checks for all gun sales
Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons
Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds
Finish the job of getting armor- piercing bullets off the streets
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 10
Give Law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun crime
End the freeze on gun violence research
Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors, better emergency response plans and more nurturing school climates.
1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly for young people.

I'm a little slow so please spell it out for me.

I know "1" is the lowest and "10" is the highest but what do they represent? Is the number "1" to mean that I disagree with doing it..... or disagree that it will work and "10" is I agree totally with the Pres O?????

Also, I see the President proposal as a statement... not a question... correct? I don't think he is asking, he's telling.

"help me help you"
Zeke

Ya I agree, no question he is telling seem to be a habit with him anymore... yes, 1 is strongly disagree 10 is strongly agree

Thanks for the help

The survey will be invalid unless you reword your directions. I would also rethink the wording on some of your questions. This is just a suggestion but as it is now it will not be of much use. I doubt it would pass a 10th grade stat class the way it is worded as it is.

Do you know how or have you thought of using Survey Monkey for this assignment? Its easy to use, any decent professor should have pointed you in that direction IMO.

If I understand the survey correctly, it is easy to answer. I would give every statement a 1. Not a useful suggestion or statement in the bunch.
Bill

>If I understand the survey correctly,
>it is easy to answer.
>I would give every statement
>a 1. Not a useful
>suggestion or statement in the
>bunch.
>Bill

+1 to Bill

OK, Now I'm done. I just needed to know if #1 was like or dislike. Thanks

Zeke

Good Luck it looks like you're taking the assignment seriously. Survey Monkey is easy once you get into it, have your instructor show you how you may need it for Stat. assignments in the future and it will lessen the work load.

How can you guarantee that everyone who answers is "Pro-Gun"..? You can't. you have to have that as the first question.

As it stands, the only one that I feel will help is Additional Resource Officers. That one is a 10, all others a 1...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Awesome thanks,, and your correct, I cant be sure, that's why there will be different measurements included in the final. Standard deviations applied and so on.

This must be a joke. The results of this survey as described will be useless. I think someone is yanking your chain.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom