Market bottom?

1000006378.jpg

Read a report today that the last 4 recessions were immediately proceeded by a fed rate cut.

Haven’t we been hearing the fed is going to cut rates in Sept?

Amazing the amount of stocks Buffet has been dumping, reportedly more than he’s ever dumped in this short of a timeframe.

“Interesting” times ahead
Follow what he is doing! He's def the smartest guy in the room.

I don't have a dog in the fight because I dislike politicians equally, they are all out for their own good but I can't help notice nobody was giving the current party credit for the stock market being higher than it ever has been but now that it is correcting itself everyone wants to blame someone. I guess if it goes back up many of you will be back on here thanking whoever is in office.

Most impressive aspect of the selloff yesterday was the $VIX jumping to 65. During the covid crash it took several weeks for the VIX to jump that high. Did it all in 1 day yesterday. You have to go back to (wait for it..) August of 2015 to find a 1 day VIX move of yesterdays caliber. August historically is a terrible month. Within a year of the August-December 2015 correction the market was at new highs despite the drama of the Trump/Clinton election cycle. This is probably the beginning of a correction that goes into the election. BUT, Unless you think modern society is about to collapse, probably a decent time to start phasing money in.

I love all the whining and political nonsense. if the president controls the economy and stock market, how do you explain that even after bottoming it's still much higher than 4 years ago? fumble with that a while.

Looks like the markets have bottomed, all up 1-2% right now. the Nikkei is up over 10% so it's obvious the direction the markets are going. the FED will make a bigger cut than originally expected in September and everyone will be giddy.

Not saying any of it is justified or unjustified, just saying that's the way it is so take advantage. smart investors will gain and sniveling dip chits will lose like always.

A few weeks ago I would have agreed, but it looks unlikely the president that raised the debt the most per year in history is going to get another chance.

Talk of action on the debt makes for good conversation but neither party has any plan or intent to deal with it. accept it , it's like a lot of problems we're going to leave it for the next generation to worry about.

A few weeks ago I would have agreed, but it looks unlikely the president that raised the debt the most per year in history is going to get another chance.

Talk of action on the debt makes for good conversation but neither party has any plan or intent to deal with it. accept it , it's like a lot of problems we're going to leave it for the next generation to worry about.
I hope we don't have more yellow busses for the next generation...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom