Mark Sullivan asked to stay home

C

CHWine

Mark Sullivan of Nitro Express video fame has been told by SCI to stay home this winter. Mr Sullivan sent out an email to clients telling them that he won't be in Reno for the SCI convention in late January. SCI hasn't publicly stated why he's been denied the chance to purchase a booth (in a time when I'm sure they need paying customers).

Mark Sullivan has developed a reputation for producing videos of dangerous game hunts, where quite often the animals are shot at close range while charging.

About 15 years ago, I bought his first 3 videos as a set and passed them around to all of my friends. I faxed Mr Sullivan a letter telling him that I didn't much like how he was crippling animals on purpose so that he could film charging animals to make his videos look more scary. I even suggested that if he kept up such bull$hit that someday he would get one of his trackers killed in the name of making money selling videos.

I think SCI has finally had enough of this too. Sullivan has been a big donater to SCI and has been a master measurer for many years. To me SCI is showing the world that its not right to intentionally wound animals so that you can profit from more 'exciting' kills.

Mark Sullivan certainly has a group of loyal clients who rave about him, but I'd never be one of them. I spoke with him once early in his career as a safari operator and was totally unimpressed. This was at SCI, and he was drunk in his booth when I spoke with him, that did it for me, even though his 'style' is not something that I'd ever go along for anyway.

Too many truly outstanding PHs out there to hunt with a fellow like Mr. Sullivan, but that's just my opinion.

Yes, I heard that there was problems between Mark Sullivan & SCI.
I've seen his videos & seen his booth at SCI.
He does have a following.
Always a big crowd at his SCI booth.
There is no denying that the "Charging" animals were wounded purposely.
I met him at Animal Artistry in Reno one day.
He told me that he was going to Alaska in the spring to hunt brown bear with a bow.
I asked him if he was going to induce a charge for the camera.
He gave me a funny look.
IMHO those fine animals deserve better than to be wounded for entertainment.
HH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom