Manti Expo Tag

GOutes

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-14 AT 04:18PM (MST)[p]Hey guys,
Just wanted to see if anyone had experience with hunting Early rifle on the Manti. I drew an expo tag and wanted to see what I should generally expect for the unit. Good bulls? Tough terrain? I know it's a monster unit!

GOutes,
First: congratulations on a GREAT tag!
Second: you're going to have a blast!
Third: you should be able to shoot a very nice bull (whatever that means to you)
Forth: there are lots of guys who will give you great and valuable information long before you need it!
Wow, way to go. Excellent tag!
Zeke

I have had the tag 2 times for archery. If your name was not GOutes, I would point you in the right direction. Sorry!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-14 AT 10:55AM (MST)[p]Just kidding, I am not like that. LOL!

That hunt is way fun. Some steep nasty crap there. But some other areas not so bad. I hunted 2 main areas, but scouted about 4. I saw lots of elk just south on the dirt road for South Skyline road. Birch Creek was a good area but steep. But several good canyons from there south. I also hunted right up ontop of Fairview Canyon. Saw some really good bulls there. Just as you go up the canyon and head north, just to the right up there. Once again, steep and nasty. I hunted alot north on the unit too. But this should help you out a little.

The 1st time I archery hunted here, I saw tons of bulls and SOME GIANTS back in 2005/6 cant remeber. But 2 years later from the expo tag I drew the archery again. saw lots of bulls, some descent bulls, but not as many or size.

Good LUCK!!!

Congrats on the tag! I drew that expo tag back in 2008. I had never set foot in that unit before. Scouted it every chance I had and ended up with a 370 bull. You are in for tons of fun.

Gents,
Thanks for the info! It's crazy to have a hunt set in stone in March! I'm super excited and have started hitting the gym already. You guys think scouting in June is to early for that unit?

No, Go learn the area. By July you will find bulls. Then you will be able keep your eye on them. They will move a bit by the hunt. Wish I had the tag. Have fun, take pics and relax. Beautiful place!!!

Congrats on the tag! I drew last year and had a ball. We did a lot of scouting and found a lot of bulls. Here are some we were looking at that I now made it through the hunt last year, just to get you amped up 6 months early! Good luck!
8429image.jpg

http://vimeo.com/81911381

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom