Manning talking to Bronocs

Gator

Long Time Member
Peyton talking to Denver and AZ this weekend. Hope Denver is smart enough to pony up the cash to get him.
Tebow would be traded to Jacksonville.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I'm a huge Denver fan, but it scares me to think that one good hit on Manning and we have no QB if they trade off Tebow. I say bring on Manning, put Tebow under his wing for three years :)

I'd be shocked if he didn't end up in Miami.
What is scary now is Tebow knows Denver is willing to trade him. Will this make him better.......or worse?

Keep him away from Seattle...Our offensive line would get him killed in practice...To big of risk in my opinion. The only good thing about picking him up is it will only cost you cash!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I'm with all the folks who think he should retire. But, I would like to see him go to Denver and mentor Tebow for 2-3 years. If Tebow could develop the sense of game and a more accurate arm, he'd be crazy good. Right now I think he doesn't have the confidence in his arm that he does in his legs.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have
some good ideas!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-12 AT 11:04AM (MST)[p] Well, I remember watching Archie Manning in his haydays, so I have always been a "Manning" fan.....Archie, Peyton and Ely.

My problem with Peyton is, will he be able to play without consideration of his prior injuries? I don't think so.

He is 40, and I don't care who you are, sooner or later, you begin to realize that you are NOT as tough as you once were, and sh!t hurts worse as you age.

I think he should retire. I wouldn't put MY money on him.

I'd hate to see him end up like that guy from Pittsburgh.....what was his name?

You don't need a parachute to skydive.
You do however, need a parachute to
skydive.......twice.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-12 AT 12:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-12 AT 12:36?PM (MST)

Slammy! - Put that "one good hit" theory to bed buddy! His neck is now stronger than it was before,(with steel plates and a fused joint) he does not run any greater risk than any other football player of ending his career with "one good hit". It is not like he is all of a sudden made of porcelain. That is a medical fallacy that is just not true.

The only question is about his arm strength - has his triceps recovered from the atrophy enough to be able to play like we are used to seeing him play? Can he still throw the ball like we expect him to? That is the only question. Forget that "one good hit" crap.

The way I see it, it is a no-lose, no-brainer situation. It will be the biggest Denver sports story since the Super Bowl wins. HANDS DOWN.

And, if he is even 75% of what he has always been - we are an immediate contender.

And who cares what Tebow thinks? If he isn't professional enough to not be upset by his team pursuing one of the two or three greatest QB's ever then he isn't mature enough to lead the team in the first place. He will be just fine.

Nick - Manning is 35 - will turn 36 this month. Not 40 yet bro! Still has quite a few good years left. I am hoping #7 and Coach Fox can get it done!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Royster....i hope your right buddy!!
There's a reason the colts didn't re-sign him, he must not have been worth their risk of losing 28 Million, they viewed him as "fragile".
I still say don't let Tebow go just yet, he couldn't learn more from two better QB's than Elway and Manning ;-)

The reason they didn't re-sign him didn't have anything to do with his health, more like the health of the team. They have the #1 pick and Luck is too good to pass on or trade, they have several free agents that would need $$$$ too - they are looking at a whole rebuilding process.

Peyton would have been a risk for them because it would count so much against their cap this year - that was guaranteed money, but one that many other teams would be stupid not to take. Trust me. He will be just fine.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

As a Die Hard Raiders fan, I hope that Denver passes on Manning-
The best thing for my team is Tabow behind center!

-Scott

I wish when you were posting about being the FNG that you had clued us in on that little fun fact. Now, nothing out of your mouth can be taken seriously. Frickin Raiders.

Hopefully we find out today. I'd love to see Manning as a Bronco.

>I wish when you were posting
>about being the FNG that
>you had clued us in
>on that little fun fact.
> Now, nothing out of
>your mouth can be taken
>seriously. Frickin Raiders.
>
>Hopefully we find out today.
>I'd love to see Manning
>as a Bronco.

lol ..and all this time I never knew the Raider franchise was real. I thought it was just made up fantasy stickers and clothing used for banger decor. :)

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Well I just read that we won't know anything by end of day today like was previously planned, probably be a couple more days. He's meeting with Tenn & Miami today and tomorrow.

Denver are saying now that they will not give up Tebow whether Manning comes or not. Tebow is good for that team even if he's on the bench as back up. The fans love the kid and he has brought millions of revenue to that franchise. What better two QB's could he learn from than Elway and Manning ;-)

I could not agree more Doug.

I think Tebow...learning under the direction of Manning and Elway for 3 years or so...could be EPIC!!!!! As a true fan of the Broncos...this is a DREAM!!! So....I am sure it will not happen, but boy would it be AWESOME!

Let me start by saying i am a huge bronco fan and a big Peyton Manning fan. So this would be a great combo for me! That being said, I am also concerned for his health. What you miss in your thoughts medically Roy is the FACT that the fusion of vertebrae although makes the fused joint stronger will put somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 times the stress on the joints above and below. This scares me as well as the certain loss of range of motion which will increase the risk for big blindside hits!

King did you used to post here as huntrez? Lol. I think even with tebow your raiders will lose!

My medical info comes from things I have found in my research for answers to my lower back injury and what the problems are that go with fusion surgery and the fact that on lower back fusion most doctors will tell you that within 5 years or so you will need fusion on the adjoining vertebras due to excessive stress to them from the current fusion. Also my father in law had a fusion on his neck and although very successful it did effect his strength and more his range of motion.

Bill

Kill the buck that makes YOU happy!

Miami traded top WR for 2 3rd round daft picks so that should put them out the running.
Adams said he willing to pay a Huge Sum of money to get him in Tennessee, so follow the money.

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-12
>AT 11:04?AM (MST)

>
> Well, I remember watching Archie
>Manning in his haydays, so
>I have always been a
>"Manning" fan.....Archie, Peyton and Ely.
>
>
> My problem with Peyton is,
>will he be able to
>play without consideration of his
>prior injuries? I don't think
>so.
>
> He is 40, and I
>don't care who you are,
>sooner or later, you begin
>to realize that you are
>NOT as tough as you
>once were, and sh!t hurts
>worse as you age.
>
> I think he should retire.
>I wouldn't put MY money
>on him.
>
>I'd hate to see him end
>up like that guy from
>Pittsburgh.....what was his name?
>
> You don't need a parachute
>to skydive.
>You do however, need a parachute
>to
>skydive.......twice.

He is 36 not 40. And his neck fusion took. His neck per his doctors is stronger now than it was before the fusion. What he has been working on is his tricep strength due to the nerve regeneration in his neck. Apparently he is almost 100% he also went to Europe last year for stem cell therapy. He is in no way in more danger of injury than any other player in the NFL. His docs cleared him to resu,e his NFL career.

CNNSI says Miami is out; Manning is working out for the Broncos at Duke University today.

I agree; tebow learning from Manning is a cool deal.

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

I feel a deal coming on. LOL

Well it's officially down to Denver or Tennessee.
The analysts are agreeing that Denver is a "no brainer" due to Denver already having two coaches that have superbowl experience, Tenessee has none. Why would Peyton want to play for coaches that have less experience than he does? ;-)

Ooops! For a second there I thought the thread title said "MANNY talking to Broncos".

I wouldn't be surprised if manny was talking to horses as long as you said he was speaking in tongues.

TUCC

Talking to the 49ers now too.
I'm hoping Denver or 49'ers like both teams.

>Talking to the 49ers now too.
>
>I'm hoping Denver or 49'ers like
>both teams.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

ESPN reported earlier that 49ers were ruled out by Peyton manning.

it seems it's going to come down to "home town" titans or a GOOD team like Denver

SF just spent all their money on Moss, they are out.
Titans don't have a better fit that Denver does, it's a no brainer! :)

Manning is going to be a 49er. You ought to read some of the articles that quote Steve Young and Jerry Rice, they both think the Niners will get him, and that the Niners are the perfect team for Manning at this stage of his career and for what his personal goals are.

With their awesome defense, as well as Davis, Gore, Crabtree and now Moss, adding Manning could be the key ingredient in the start of another 49ers dynasty.

I'll admit SF would be a great fit for him but they only have $18 million to play with, Denver offered him a 5 year contract and $90 million dollars.
It's going to be interesting!!

It would really piss me off if he went to Denver I was already mad when I had to root for them when they started playing Tebow I really miss hating Denver .

MILLIONS or a couple of more rings, Guess he already has millions from the colts so I'm thinking he just might go for the rings SO which team will put him in the hunt for those next rings.

>MILLIONS or a couple of more
>rings, Guess he already has
>millions from the colts so
>I'm thinking he just might
>go for the rings SO
>which team will put him
>in the hunt for those
>next rings.
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

well, i'll guess Denver?

they won just as many games in the playoff as the 9ers did, and they had a guy taking snaps that supposedly should be playing areana league football? i cant imagine them losing a game with peyton taking snaps...

and i just noticed i posted right after you gator both times in this thread- I'm not stalking you,or even trying to single you out. just chit house luck :) but i don't know why my posts turn green after quoting you? anyway- just wanted to clarify that

IT a green thing. LOL
Course out here they claim Peyton is just about signed up with them signing another good reciver. I'm sure it about the same stuff in the Denver area papers.
I figure by wed. we will all know.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom