Mandatory reporting-might have to pay!

Hiker of the Woods

HB 2125: Allows up to a $50 surcharge for hunters failing to report their big-game hunting and turkey-tag results.

76th OREGON LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY--2011 Regular Session
House Bill 2125
Ordered printed by the Speaker pursuant to House Rule 12.00A (5). Presession filed (at the request of Governor John A. Kitzhaber for State Department of Fish and Wildlife)
SUMMARY
The following summary is not prepared by the sponsors of the measure and is not a part of the body thereof subject to consideration by the Legislative Assembly. It is an editor?s brief statement of the essential features of the measure
as introduced.

Allows State Fish and Wildlife Commission to impose surcharge not to exceed $50 on persons who fail to comply with certain reporting requirements.
A BILL FOR AN ACT
Relating to surcharges for failure to comply with hunting reporting requirements; creating new provisions; and amending ORS 496.146.
Be It Enacted by the People of the State of Oregon:
SECTION 1.
ORS 496.146 is amended to read:
496.146. In addition to any other duties or powers provided by law, the State Fish and Wildlife Commission:

(22) May by rule impose a surcharge not to exceed $50 for the renewal of a hunting license on any person who fails to comply with mandatory hunting reporting requirements. Amounts collected as surcharges under this subsection must be deposited in the State
Wildlife Fund established under ORS 496.300.

SECTION 2. The amendments to ORS 496.146 by section 1 of this 2011 Act apply to failures to comply with mandatory hunting reporting requirements on or after the effective date of this 2011 Act.

Fine with me... Don't want to cooperate? Pay the fee.

Though I'm inclined to think ODFW will likely not use the data in a particularly productive way, at least we can do our part by giving it to them... Who knows, maybe they will come up with a new idea... How about introduction of the timber wolf to Multnomah County?

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-11 AT 05:24PM (MST)[p]robinsg61e I like the way you think. Its no problem for me either to pay a penelty how about loosing some points we can level the playing field for draw tags pretty quickly.

Let some of the wolves lose soon I like the idea. :)

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

>Fine with me... Don't want to
>cooperate? Pay the fee.
>
>Though I'm inclined to think ODFW
>will likely not use the
>data in a particularly productive
>way, at least we can
>do our part by giving
>it to them... Who knows,
>maybe they will come up
>with a new idea... How
>about introduction of the timber
>wolf to Multnomah County?

And Washington, Clackamas, and Marion Counties.

I have reported for 4 or 5 years now. And they still call me every year with thier phone survey's. Another good use of MONEY.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-05-11 AT 01:36PM (MST)[p]Brute ~ Last I heard, the people that call every year to do the survey are donating their time. I know of 2 retired guys that have done it 3yrs now. BUT if they did use their own staff, yes it would be just another "crime" against us!

muleyman

Back
Top Bottom