Man shot in head with Arrow...

kilowatt

Guerneville man hit in head with arrow
Suspect believed holed up in downtown attic
By LAURA NORTON
THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Published: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 3:19 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 at 3:28 p.m.
A Guerneville man sitting in a convertible car was struck in the head with an arrow Tuesday afternoon in downtown Guerneville, apparently the target of a man aiming a crossbow from his third-story condo balcony.

Sheriff?s deputies were trying to negotiate with the suspect, who was believed to be holed up in a building?s attic, Sheriff?s Capt. Matt McCaffrey said. The man is believed to be armed with firearms and possibly still the crossbow, he said.

A SWAT team was on scene at the building at Fifth and Mills streets.

It was unknown why the suspect targeted the victim, James McNeil, McCaffrey said.

McNeil, suffering from a headache but escaping major injuries, said he saw the suspect on the balcony and did not recognize him.

The shooting came as a surprise, he said.

?I was sitting with my friend in the convertible, and it came through the roof and hit me in the back of the head,? he said. ?I looked at my friend and said ?We?re being attacked. Take off!??

Neighbors surrounding the suspect's condo were being evacuated, McCaffrey said, and traffic in the area was being diverted.

He said the man could face charges ranging from assault with a deadly weapon to attempted murder.

?The likelihood if you are shooting someone in the head with a crossbow that you could kill them is good,? McCaffrey said. ?I imagine that could be charged as attempted murder.?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-09 AT 07:15PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-09 AT 07:13?PM (MST)

WHEN I THINK OF A GUY BEING SHOT BY A BOW I THINK OF THIS ONE!!!

IT'S AN OLDY!!!

497fbdba5b0b5927.jpg

497fbf9767cbaaec.jpg

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Kilo;
I have been a cop too darn long and I am willing to bet that the suspect is a Emerald Triangle pot grower that has mixed a little meth with his pot.
He started hallucinating that the "Boogey man" was sneaking up on him and took action to stop the invasion of boogey men that had surrounded his domicile. Want to bet?

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-09 AT 10:28PM (MST)[p]Robert,

Now this is just a guess on my part since the majority of the residents there in G-town are GAY/LEZ. Might be a jealous lover or just plain hates there kind.......a few days will tell if not by tomorrow.

Bessy, if memory serves me right, I think that picture you posted was of the arrow in his head after leaning back or something like that and bedded that broadhead in his head.

Brian

NO kilo!!!

THAT BROADHEAD IS BURIED IN HIS SKULL THE FULL DEPTH OF THE BROADHEAD!!!

I COULDN'T GET THE OTHER PICS TO LOAD!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-27-09 AT 10:53PM (MST)[p]CAN'T GET THESE SIZED RIGHT???

THEY ACTUALLY SAWED A CHUNK OF THIS GUYS SCULL OUT!!!

497ff2214b71381f.jpg

497ff2af4e8c0142.jpg

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

NA!!!

THAT WOULDN'T HURT!!!

TAKES MORE PENETRATION THAN THAT ON SOME TO REACH SOMETHING THE SIZE OF A PEA!!!

NO OFFENSE,JUST JOKING!!!

LOOKS LIKE IT SMARTED TO ME & THEY SAID ID WAS A RISKY REMOVAL!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

Bobcat, that's a nasty photo!

Kilo and RELH, I'm sure one of you is right, maybe both.

The obvious answer is to sue the company that made the crossbow, require a background check and a 15 day waiting period to purchase one, require child safety locks, coded crossbow bolts, and place a heavy tax on both. If you sell one you have to go through a licensed dealer. That should solve the problem.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom