Man killed by Beaver

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Who ever heard of such a thing? I love Beaver!

Man tries to take photo of beaver; it kills him

A fisherman in Belarus was bitten to death by a beaver, and all he was doing was trying to take its picture, Sky News reports. The man spotted the beaver while fishing with friends at Lake Shestakov, but as he approached to take a photograph, the beaver bit him on the thigh. The animal managed to sever an artery, and his friends couldn't stop the blood flow.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...vBf5MbNmkGX3B2kAdtds5PTAVGh5vWyfWeIUNPpq8ECuz

Eel

Overton ate beaver once and got really sick. He almost died.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

I was the victim of a Beaver mauling once, a long time ago.. Now at my age I just dream about the past.

How unfortunate. That really stinks. Sort of like the alligator hunter dude. So sad to hear something like that happen.

I think it's OK to photograph a beaver, but for gosh sakes, use a telephoto lens. At least apporach with caution.

Anyone have a beaver photo they'd like to share?

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-13 AT 06:14PM (MST)[p]I ate some beaver little over a week ago while I was up in Montana seeing my girlfriend! And It didn't taste to bad!! :)

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

>Have you ever seen a beaver
>eel? Overton says no.
>
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Once, but that was in Nevada of all places. Too cold here for beaver to be out.

Do they have beaver on Kona?

Eel

>Yes they do and they hang
>out at the beach. .........but, just like clams, there are certain times you should not eat them....."Red Tides", or something like that.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

>>Yes they do and they hang
>>out at the beach. .........but, just like clams, there are certain times you should not eat them....."Red Tides", or something like that.
>
>
>"I could agree with you, but
>then we would both be
>
>wrong......and stupid"

Red Tide, yeah something like that. LMAO!

Eel

Red Tide....good choice of words but it is not all that bad just kind of "salty" to the taste and a bit messy but cleans up easy.

1969 was a good year!

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

BESS told me he tried to pet a young beaver once. Said it got him 12 years in the pen. Says he still isn't able to be within 300 yards of a school. I didn't really understand what he meant.

M'Balz Es Hari

Wow this story brings back a lot of old memories. Over the years I've had several beavers try to kill me. Some tried to gag me, others tried to smother me, a few tried to light me on fire and a few tried to give me a heard attack. The closest I've come to dying though was when one tried to suck all the life out of me while I was in a drunken state. Even though they have tried to kill me, I never have met one I didn't love in a strange way.

You guys about got the bever jokes covered so i'll just add...

I sure didn't know that they can get like that! We have them all around town here. They even chomped down some smaller trees on a riverfront property in town that i own. Some of them are a lot bigger than i would have thought. I helped a guy skin and tan one once and it was a heck of a chore.

Believe i'd a had to snap kick that beaver feller right under the chin! It worked like a champ on a Chow dog that thought he was gonna make a meal outa my leg. :) lol

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

First time I have ever heard of a beaver eating a man?? Who da thunk it!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

It is kind of surprising that one could get so aggressive.

Best one I ever petted actually felt more like a horse eating oats out of the palm of your hand.......kind of enjoyed that special sensation.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Little known factoid. Beaver spelled backward is Revaeb which is Muslim for Ransom... just saying.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

>>Yes they do and they hang
>>out at the beach. .........but, just like clams, there are certain times you should not eat them....."Red Tides", or something like that.
>
>
>"I could agree with you, but
>then we would both be
>
>wrong......and stupid"

LMAO Nickman now that is funny and true!

2311idiot.jpg

I believe that most of the beaver that is found on the beach is of the hairless Brazillian variety. overton, can you confirm this? mtmuley

I believe that could be true but I can only confirm for sure I love beaver, especially the hairless variety.

2311idiot.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom