Make a fire pit

B_F_E

Long Time Member
Trying to figure out to how make a good one ?
It will be a permanent fixture in my back yard,

talk to me......... chime in :)

how about the size of NORTH KOREA....?
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Get an old washer tubb out of a washing machine. Use about an 18" disc blade and a 1foot piece of 3-4" pipe or square tubing for the base.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

>Get an old washer tubb out
>of a washing machine. Use
>about an 18" disc blade
>and a 1foot piece of
>3-4" pipe or square tubing
>for the base.
>
>"A well regulated militia, being necessary
>to the security of a
>free state, the right of
>the people to keep and
>bear arms shall not be
>infringed."

Thats funny we just took apart an old washer for this purpose...I guess I aint the only hillbilly on MM.......:)

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Thats how I roll :)

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-09 AT 10:50PM (MST)[p]My sister has one made out of a section of reinforced concrete pipe. It's about 2' tall and 4' diam. I've spent many evenings around the 'ol fire.

Now that I think about it, I think it's sunk in the ground a bit and sticks up about 18".

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-09 AT 10:46PM (MST)[p]I made a pretty cool one by my house. I put a roof over it too, we use it in the winter for sledding as well, it got old having the kids mucking around in ice water and mud near the fire.

Sorry, didn't come up. Posting pics here makes me want to cry.

You start with Zigga's old barn add 5+gal. of gas and poof you got your self a fire pit.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Get this straight in your head. That which promotes freedom is GOOD..that which takes away from freedom is BAD. Government, by its very nature, is evil...that is precisly why the founders insisted upon the citizens being armed and prepared to resist tyranny.

When I was doing a lot of construction around the house I made a fire pit big enough to burn pallets. I have never regretted making it so big but sometimes my wife does. Our house becomes the party house in the winter months and we use it for New Years and Christmas party?s every year. It has a cement bottom, 8 inch block with 4 inch decretive block over the top all the way around with the outside of the blocks and cement stuccoed. It stands about 15 inches off the ground. We have huge bon fires every year and can get a lots of people around it all at once.

GBA

I took a 50 gallon barrel and cut it in half the long way. Welded a couple of legs on both ends, works great.

Jeff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom