Maintenance free battery

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The last battery I bought for my truck was 7 years ago. I thought it was time to replace it so I go to Sears and buy a Maintenance Free Sears Die Hard Gold, which is what I had. It looks similar to this:

6799imagesn4icdc0e.jpg

I asked the salesman why they call it maintenance free when you have these caps that come off and you add distilled water as needed?

He said "No, no, no. Don't ever take those caps off! It's maintenance free! If you ever take those caps off it voids the warranty!"

For the last 7 years, every time I change oil, I pop the caps off and add water as needed.

Am I doing something wrong? WTH?

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Ya!

You're Screwin up by removing them Caps in His eyes!

Course He in Business to Sell Batteries!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Many of the maintenance free batteries have caps on them. Some are removable and some are glued on. You shouldn't need to check the acid level.

Thanks Runnoft! I guess I'll let it be. One less thing to worry about.

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

Batteries cost too much! All Batteries, big ones down to wrist watch size!

I got tired of buying small ones so i invested in a rechargeable system. They're now only about half as powerful as new ones from the store.

If it weren't for Wal-mart, i'd probably had to pay for quite a few more truck batteries than i have. :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>The last battery I bought for
>my truck was 7 years
>ago. I thought it was
>time to replace it so
>I go to Sears and
>buy a Maintenance Free Sears
>Die Hard Gold, which is
>what I had. It looks
>similar to this:
>
>
6799imagesn4icdc0e.jpg

>
>I asked the salesman why they
>call it maintenance free when
>you have these caps that
>come off and you add
>distilled water as needed?
>
>He said "No, no, no. Don't
>ever take those caps off!
>It's maintenance free! If you
>ever take those caps off
>it voids the warranty!"
>
>For the last 7 years, every
>time I change oil, I
>pop the caps off and
>add water as needed.
>
>Am I doing something wrong? WTH?
>
>
>Eel
>
>Nobody goes there anymore. It's too
>crowded.
>
>

Just have your gentleman's gentleman maintain it.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Dickweed
>
>
>What the hell did your doctor
>give you anyway???
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

ANSWER THE MAN EEL!!!

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Eel....here is a real nice New Gel Cell Battery on the market that a lot of guys are going with now. With the special bracket, you can mount them either up, sideways and/or upside Down and there is even a 12V smaller version for tight spots under the chassis.

www.odysseybattery.com

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom