Magical "30 inch" mark

Ca. Huh? Imagine that! Beautiful fish and job well done!

The Last really big brown trout that i lost was every bit as big and he too was the fish of a lifetime. I hooked him on the smallest black roostertail they make in a stream just a bit bigger than what that stream in the video looked like. 20 minutes after hooking up, most of that time the brown plainly in view and my nerves push beyond their limits, the lure popped out with two straightened hooks. Double darn diddly rasofrats! lol, next time!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Here is a 30" catfish. I have caught a bunch of these in the 30" range this year.

IMG_0992_zpscfc27021.jpg

Nice cat Idahoron! Ugly fish, but I guess they taste good (I hate all fish so I won't touch it)!

Compared to the sturgeon you catch though, 30 inches is pretty small. A 30 inch sturgeon is still just a baby right?

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Thanks for posting! Cool video of man vs. trout battle where both were winners! I came close(like Sage)once. Fishing Virginia Beach at Nevada's Lake Lahontan near Fallon. I was using a tiny midget r/w Dardevle trying for white bass. Well a huge channel cat (est. in 30 in. range) grabbed it as it came close to shore...I could see the lure hooked into one of the great fish's barbels. I was whoopin' and hollerin'(so excited)...just had to be my biggest fish ever. I let out a bit of line and released drag as I thought he'd surely break the 8-lb. test line. He ran out a little, and was just lying there on the surface, when, in an instant, and in a huge boil, threw the lure, and was gone! 30 yrs. later, I still haven't recovered from the shock! :)

Years ago when we floated the Green we would occasionally see monster like this one. Now we see a few in the 8-10 lb range but very seldom see the ol monsters any more. Thanks for posting the video, As my handle might show I love fly fishing.

My Friends & I use to Smack the Browns perty hard!

Never got any 30" Browns but many up to 28"!

That was a Nice Hen in the Clip!

Hooked a Rainbow once that woulda broke the 30" Mark!

Biggest Hooked Jaw I've seen on a Fish!

Had him right to the Bank 3 Different times when he finally came un-hooked!

I won't forget it any time soon!

Shoulda been on the Wall!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

There was a bar maid at the old 3 legged dog saloon that had a 30 inch rack does that count??

>Ya a 30" sturgeon is tiny.
>Have you seen this video?
>
>
>http://youtu.be/iUIfTAOZx2w

Yes Ron - pretty cool stuff!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Pretty good skills landing a big fish like that with a small hook in that shallow water. Reminds me of steelhead fishing on the Mattole River here.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom