Magazine catch in a pistol

R

riflescope

Just added a .40 Kahr to my collection. Must say its a sweet shooter and very concealable. I've put 50 rounds through it so far and its very accurate.

Something I've been curious about.

Does keeping a loaded magazine in the pistol wear out the magazine catch?

I know there's pressure applied to it by keeping a loaded magazine in it but not sure if it will cause long term damage to the magazine catch.

Just wanting to hear everyone's thoughts and if someone knows for sure, I'd love to hear it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-13 AT 11:30AM (MST)[p]definately...you should always carry a gun for protection unloaded to preserve that catch....

Genghis Khan raped so many women that 1 in 200 people today carry his genes..

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-13 AT 11:43AM (MST)[p]LOL, that is a good one. Obviously, I mean at home when you're not carrying it.

NO! it will not damage any parts. You can even keep the magazines loaded for a extended time as the springs being used today do not have a tendency to take a set.
Kahr builds fine guns and have a very good rep for accuracy and being very reliable firearms.

RELH

I ask this same thing to a gunsmith friend of mine about my 1911's. He told me the metal the release was made of, was much harder than the metal used in the mag.If anything the mag would wear before the gun. Then he said he had never seen a mag wore do to extended loaded time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom