Madsen Bay Campground, Scofield

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I am looking int reservations for this campground in October and it won't let me book online. It says walk up only available. Does anyone camp here or does anyone know if I show up on a Wed or Thurs, I should be able to find a decent spot or will it be full? Can't find a phone number to call so thought I'd ask here. Thanks!

I am looking int reservations for this campground in October and it won't let me book online. It says walk up only available. Does anyone camp here or does anyone know if I show up on a Wed or Thurs, I should be able to find a decent spot or will it be full? Can't find a phone number to call so thought I'd ask here. Thanks!
435-448-9449 - summer park number
435-687-2491 - winter park number
800-322-3770 (toll-free from outside the Salt Lake City area)

One of these might work??

Anytime after Labor Day you should be just fine to find a spot. We usually camp there during the summer and it gets pretty busy but we went the week after Labor Day last year and it was a ghost town. Also, they MAY have the water turned off.

Anytime after Labor Day you should be just fine to find a spot. We usually camp there during the summer and it gets pretty busy but we went the week after Labor Day last year and it was a ghost town. Also, they MAY have the water turned off.
That was another question.... if it's walk up and no camp hosts to check on things, will all utilities be on?

Rutcrazed....thanks for the numbers.....I will give them a call. I appreciate that.

After they pull the camp ground hosts in the local Federal Lands camp ground in our local area, the water and electricity is turned off. The dump station are open at Fish Lake, not totally sure how long they leave fresh water on at the dump stations.

Frozen water lines are the reason they shut the water off after Sept. 15.

Many not apply to other camp sights however.

After they pull the camp ground hosts in the local Federal Lands camp ground in our local area, the water and electricity is turned off. The dump station are open at Fish Lake, not totally sure how long they leave fresh water on at the dump stations.

Frozen water lines are the reason they shut the water off after Sept. 15.

Many not apply to other camp sights however.
Good to know...thanks DC.

435-448-9449 - summer park number
435-687-2491 - winter park number
800-322-3770 (toll-free from outside the Salt Lake City area)

One of these might work??
Just called summer and winter numbers and left voicemails for both. We'll see what happens! Thanks.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom