Made It To Cody

PleaseDear

Long Time Member
Well--hell....

Looooong Azz drive but I have done it in the past....XM-Sports Radio sure helped!

The ole 2010 F350/V10 got right at 15.7 mpg....using the A/C from about Thermopolis....no complaints here...go easy on me Chris!!

Gotta love this WI-Fi gig with my LapTop (thanks Wapiti-Bob for the intel on buying this Laptop)and your strong suggestion to buy the Wyo-huntGPS gig!

Sweet set-up here at the 2 Queen beds seperate Cabin...got 'em down to $169.99 a night from $199.99 a night....need the A/C as it is a hot 88 degrees on the Bank display.

Prolly gonna book this very Cabin for my hunt in Nov. even though 'she said' I won't have anyone here for maid service but I can call 'a number' for service....hhhmmmm! ha

Wish I had contacted our own 'mightyhunter' and 'nfh' as I could use a pinch of intel for my Nov 6th---11th..'Kill Whitey' quest for my Trophy Room....no Whitey Buck on those walls...sad...

Going to try and get 'dwdhf' some info/intel on his early date bow buck hunt in the highly coveted Region F tag.

Our boy 'SoloHunter' blew me off with his To Die For late date 105---109 LQ tag....he is all good, no doubt.

Lot's of Walk-In areas and not to bad on the HMA area's...busy day 'manyanna'....checking them all out...

Tourist town... so don't even ask about gas prices!! haha

Simply Beautifull up here fella's.

Robb

Have a great time up there Robb! Cody is a neat town and the whole country up there is gorgeous.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-12 AT 06:19PM (MST)[p]There is a lot to do. rodeo every night. gun fight every night at the irama...

proud cut is a pretty good restraunt to eat at.

rib and chop is good but is a hit and miss.

bubbas is good to but hit and miss also.

for a really good breakfast a place called "our place" is really good. small ma pa place to eat but it gets filled up quick. its kinda across the rodeo grounds more like across the firework store just right before the rodeo grounds. they only take cash but man its good.

good scouting. the deer been tricky. they are kinda on a odd pattern i noticed on our farm land. some days they come out before dark and others its after dark. and morning comes they head to the river quick for cover. i think they might come out really late if the bugs are really bad.. i noticed when i irrgate the fields the bugs get really bad and thus i see no deer.

also dont be afraid to talk to some landowners from cody to powell to lovell. they dont want the deer and there is ton of walk in areas..

cody awsome town i just came back from their sunday. gas is cheaper in yellowstone than any of the towns around the park by 20cents per gallon. but i averaged 19.5 mpg in my tundra. i hope you have a great trip.

15.7 Robb?

JUDAS!

That ain't bad!

Best of Luck!

Did ya find out if that Maid you call is Cute?:D

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

I've got Wild Honey Tree's and Crazy Little Weeds growin around my Shack!
These Dusty Roads ain't streets of gold but I'm happy right where I'm at!
All these Perty little Western Belles are a Country Boys Dream!
They ain't got Wings or MM Halo's but they sure look good to me!

I'm envious Robb i love that area up there and mightyhunter and nfh both are great guys they both have helped me quite a bit.

Good luck on your search i hear there are some great whitetails up in that country.

Thanks for the PM's and for the advice posted here.

Yes I to have the highly coveted region F tag..haha

Pinch of a horizion to the east....this early AM.

Bruce--after we found out our 'Not Drawn' from Az. I tossed the option to get ya a leftover F tag.....

Chris---ssshhhhhhh---as ya know Da Warden or Da Officer may read this...ha

Thanks again,

Robb

Hope you enjoy your stay. I second the report on the Rib and Chop. If you want a good burger, the Proud Cut is my favorite. I don't know much about whitetail hunting in this area. However, I do have some nice ones in my backyard. If you want to see some dandy whitetails drive County Road 7RP just off the Belfry Highway early or late. Most of the property is private (Two Dot) but the bucks are big.

Hope you have a good time and find lots of game. I will be coming out in a month. Can't wait. Eyes are crossing from looking at so many maps.
Thinking of hunting the Shoshone in unit 105 around Morrison Jeep trail or the HMA at Heart Mountain.

Let me know how it looks.

Please Dear....+1 on Proud Cut for steaks(center of town, main drag). For Italian, the Hungry Bear on Big Horn Ave(Hyw 14, towards Powell on right, small but good).

I'm getting gas for 3.45 from card lock...LOL.

For whitetail, what nfh said. Try to hunt as late as you can to hit rut. Also check out Greybull river around Meeteeste. Big whitetails (140+) are tough.

Brewgard's makes a pretty good volcano burger. Think jalape?os, buffalo sauce, and pepper jack cheese.

have fun up there. I'll be right behind you as wife and I have 78 antelope and a 58 cow tag. I think I'm going to hit the national forest up on Carter for the Cow hunt.

Had a great day yesterday.

Shot a full 30 minute DVD while crossreferencing on my BLM maps most of the WI area's and an HMA.

Hit 26,000.0 mid-morning..kinda like to see the exact milage change to a new thousand...on my truck.

I am on the road home this early AM.

I gotta put the kids in the pool, brush my teeth, load two travel bags and I am gonnnyyyaaa.

Plan on hitting the freeway in Rock Springs by noon.....west to Hog-den Utah!! ha

Thanks again all,

Robb

Hey Robb,
Did you happen to go by Atlantic city, South pass, Farson?

If so, have the rains helped there, any green grass in the lope country?

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Hi Rob, hope you have a great trip! Be careful of (WWW) WILD WYOMING WOMEN!

goofyelk, I was just west of there yesterday taking a few antelope photos and I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of rain they have received in the past couple weeks. I bet that area did too.

In the photo below, the water in this pond was 10 times bigger than it was few weeks ago. I truly expected it to be dried up.

267.jpg

10.jpg

Sorry for the hijack, but I know Robb won't mind. Right Robb?

Have a good one. BB

Oh--hell yeh....the full route down and I really like that South Pass area ~~ 25/27 LQ elk and late date LQ 130 deer..

Boo-Coo deer all over in the Riverton/Lander Area.

You or your kid gottta tag in that area Goofy?

I always carry my Print Outs of elk/deer/antelope on these long drives thru multiple units on each species---no matter the state....

Certainly a wake - up call when I got to about the Electric Company bldg. coming out of Weber Canyon in 'tardville....my temp reader went from 88 degrees to freaking 99 degree's....

Hot MO-FO here in west Roy.....east Hooper.....

Gonna run my Mrs to the SLC International Airport in the morning @ 0630.....as she is gone for a week back to D.C......job related--not for pleasure type deal.

Sure is gonna be a tough week bachelor-ing-it...haha

Bill if I only had your quality Camera when I passed by those Rocky Rams!!!

If you are reading this Eric/EF-----you are gonna get you a dandy Rocky Ram this September!!

I gotta run---Ribs and Braughts on the BBQ.....the Mrs. is in the shower---could that mean I am forced to performing ---"Marital Responsibility" tonight??---haha

Robb

No Wyoming tags for us this year,, Just stack'in up points..

Both my kids a I just LOVE South Pass,,
Pretty dang cool how they rebuilt that place!!!

I'm definitely considering 25/27 elk or 107 lope for
my oldest boy next year. Has the points to draw either one.

Were heading to the Paunsy in 3 weeks to bow hunt antelope
there, 2 tags , wife and son..Plus my wife has a Dutton
archery deer tag.....We'll be down there for 10 days or so...

Then deer and elk tags around home here in cental Utah..
No out of state tags for us this year....

Good luck on that deer hunt Robb, You guys will have fun!

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

Robb did you see the Rams in the Wind River Caynon? I have seen some great ones in that area.

Dang it Goofy----

No wonder so many 'tardville guys are pissed about not drawning a tag---they all went to your home!! haha---

Fill that freezer brothaaa.

Bruce, yes, but some Rams just south of Meteessee...west side of the pavement....

I am putting together some PM's----you guys will get them to maybe help ya out for your 'F' and 105/106/109 tags.

Simply my humble oppinion for where I would hunt....

Remember--I am totally after a 'Kill Whitey' buck---(memory lane huh--- SMOKESTICK ha)

Robb

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom