Mac Brown

RE: Mack Brown

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-13 AT 11:53AM (MST)[p]He is a freaking idiot. He needed to say BYE after the BYU loss. He is too egotistical to see that he is running the program into the ground. 4 bad years are the result of 8 poor years of planning, missed recruting, and non-development of players. Now, he got pissed off because the story got out, that he couldn't control it the way he wanted to, decided to fight for his job and Texas missed out on Nick Saban because of it. It is all too apparent that the Saban was a done deal until Mack's ego got in the way. If he stays for another year it might take 10 more years for the program to recover from the level of mediocrity that he has introduced.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Mac Brown resigned today. Interesting that he made his decision after Saban decided to stay at Alabama.

Eldorado

Mac shoved it to Texas once again on the way out.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-13 AT 11:23AM (MST)[p]You are damn right he did!

Saban is saying that he never even considered Texas, well, given the timing of his announcement (right as soon as Mack finished his meeting with Patterson and Powers) and all the speculation and reporting about it - yeah, it is too much of a coincidence. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Who knows, maybe all those reporters were wrong though. If so, Mack's little power play could go down in history as the reason Saban didn't get hired here.

Even so, the Horns will still get the next best coach out there. Who that is, right now I am not sure. I would love to see John Harbaugh, there were some rumors about him leaving Baltimore after this season and heading to Texas. Some were saying Jim Harbaugh - he would be great too. Right now, it is anybody's guess. Too many rumors to track one down spefically.

There will be no shortage of top flight candidates. So, it will be a good one.

Oh and CJBoz - How do you think Baker Mayfield will look in burnt orange next fall?

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

You should all be thinking SHAW for the next coach.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I HAVE OFTEN WONDERED WHY GREAT PROGRAMS LIKE TEXAS & OKLAHOMA,....... WITH ALL THEIR HISTORY, RECRUITING POWER, IMAGE, FACILITIES, & TOP FLIGHT COACHES DONT WIN MORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. SEEMS LIKE THEY SHOULD AT LEAST PLAY IN MORE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS GAMES....SAY IN THE LAST 10 YEARS. I THINK BOB STOOPS WILL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HIS JOB SOON AS WELL, IF HE CANT GET INTO THE BIG GAME SOON.................YD.

>You should all be thinking SHAW
>for the next coach.

He's on the list for sure. It will be interesting to see. He is pretty rooted at Stanford though. We'll see.

Larry - I would take Stoops in a hearbeat! He gets his players ready to play and he develops the talent he has and can recruit like nobodys business! How did they ever get to 10 wins this last year? That was a heck of a coacing job! I don't think he will even get a sniff at the Texas job though.

HOOK 'EM!

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-13 AT 11:10PM (MST)[p]Yea Roy, I don't know what happened at Tech for Mayfield to leave? Haven't heard the stories yet. Mac Briwn is a number one egotistical douche. Always has been. He has some of the greatest students and alumni backing him and its all about him. Kinda the real Bud Kilmer off of Varsity Blues. I hope you guys do get a good coach. Typical Tech this year though. That's the only constant. Do good then start losing..... Oh well, good riddance to "Mac likes to pack Brown".

LAST EDITED ON Dec-16-13 AT 11:18PM (MST)[p]>Yea Roy, I don't know what
>happened at Tech for Mayfield
>to leave? Haven't heard
>the stories yet. Mac
>Briwn is a number one
>egotistical douche. Always has been.
> He has the greatest
>some of the greatest students
>and alumni backing him and
>its alleys been about him.
>Kinda the real Bud Kilmer
>off of Varsity Blues. I
>hope you guys do get
>a good coach. Typical Tech
>this year though. That's
>the only constant. Do
>good than start losing..... Oh
>well, good riddance to "likes
>to Pack Brown".

You nailed it on the head! "likes to Pack Brown" - hilarious. That's what he did too - didn't even give us the courtesy of a reach around either!

I don't know what happened to Mayfield up there, just saw the writing on the wall, seeing that Brewer and Webb were probably going to be starting over him for the Holiday Bowl and decided he wanted to be a starter somewhere else. Kingsbury is blocking him from transferring to any other Big XII school on a scholarship, but he can walk-on anywhere he wants and earn a scholly later. He is an Austin kid and rumors are that he wants to play here, but we will see. It might come down to who the coach is too. Truth is, he proved he can start anywhere though so he will get a LOT of offers. Kid can flat out ball!!

A&M might be an option too - they could offer him, being an SEC team and all.

HOOK 'EM!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom