M1 thumb.

Long Time Member
Who has had one? Who knows what it is without looking it up? No cheating and no telling. If you don't know turn in your man card at the front desk.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

It is a condition that Utards get in basic training when leaving their non opposable thumbs in the way of the bolt after loading a full clip in the shooter. There is no know cure.

2311idiot.jpg

I know what it is but never had one.
I did pinch my finger in my ladder last night while staining my deck. Does that count as a battle injury?
Zeke

Some CA elk clients showed up with 3 of them and 2000 rounds of surplus day before first season one year..I gutted game all fall with a sore, skin less, right thumb.

If you are really dumb and put some effort into it you can mimic this injury with a Hump Back Auto 5.

Now you know why I preferred the M-14 to the M-1 Garand. No swollen thumbs and 20 rounds Vs. 8 rounds. I was lucky, the M-14 I trained on and carried had a bi-pod and selector switch for full auto fire.

RELH

Shooting out the Window of the Truck back when it was legal!

It was a 300 BAR Thumb!

Decided I'd hold the Slide from slamming another Live round in the Barrel with my Thumb while Firing it!

I never Tried that again!

Wasn't Quite as Bad as the Billy Club/Wood Lathe Thumb though!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

RELH....That is what I shot to qualify in Basic Training down at Ft. Ord in 1964 was with the M-14.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

>Bess, you are damn lucky you
>still have that thumb.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

Hey RELH!

For a While I thought I might Feel better without it!:D

SOB Hurt!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Kilo I was right behind you. Basic training at Ft. Ord beginning in June of 1965. Joined up after finishing high school and did not turn 18 until one month after joining up to "See the world".
Used the G.I. bill for college and buying first home.

RELH

Was over at a Cruise-In last night not far from our house and the owner came out with a letter and a pic of a young gal who use to work there. Holly joined the Marines and is going through training at Parris Island, SC Said she has one more chance to fire for qualification and if she passes this last one, she will get her Expert Badge but don't know which weapon she is using. Get this part, SHE is about 5 foot tall at the most and maybe 100 pounds soaking wet. I use to call her "little bit".....she was rock solid though. Plan on writting her a letter as she is lonely back there in that cess pool state.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I also qualified expert and was #2 out of a company of over 400 men. The guy who qualified #1 was a little guy from Guam and he was not much taller then the M-14 with bayonet attached.

when you write her a letter, send her some beef jerky or cookies as a favor from a Old Grunt to a new young one.

RELH

I own an M1...never had a problem....the M60 was my favorite weapons system.....cut a house in half...no problem, just have lots of ammo....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom