Lucky SOB’s

2lumpy

Long Time Member
The Monroe is as green and lush at 7,600 feet as it ever gets this spring.

IMG_5686.jpeg

IMG_5712.jpeg

IMG_5711.jpeg

And 550 or so of the luckiest SOB’s in North America live right here………

IMG_5708.jpeg

IMG_5685.jpeg

IMG_5684.jpeg

Now there’s a familiar sight. I can recall each of those pictures in my mind from one trip up there or another. Did you go as far as Big Lake? Are the drifts gone yet?

Now there’s a familiar sight. I can recall each of those pictures in my mind from one trip up there or another. Did you go as far as Big Lake? Are the drifts gone yet?
Didn’t get that far today Shadow, it started to rain and we were starting to get damp. If the road it’s not open through those pines…. it will be very soon, I suspect.

Never seen the bitter brush bloom like they are this year. Lots of high protein for the fawns that will dropping next week.

Amazing what moisture at the right time will do. That looks like a nice peaceful valley too. Do elk winter in the valley?

Amazing what moisture at the right time will do. That looks like a nice peaceful valley too. Do elk winter in the valley?
They can find enough feed above Sevier Valley…… in the winter. Our valley floor is about 5,100 feet. (They call it a high mountain desert valley, I think.) Elk get by at about 6,000 feet here….. most winters.

Summers…. they’re up to as high as 11,000.

They can find enough feed above Sevier Valley…… in the winter. Our valley floor is about 5,100 feet. (They call it a high mountain desert valley, I think.) Elk get by at about 6,000 feet here….. most winters.

Summers…. they’re up to as high as 11,000.
I'll pass this on to the people I know who are looking to leave California and move to Utah as it sounds perfect.

I'll pass this on to the people I know who are looking to leave California and move to Utah as it sounds perfect.
Get right after it….. bubba. You’re the only lucky SOB in California and I know you ain’t going no where eel. The rest will hate you for lying……. the second their 4 wheels touch our asphalt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom