LSU @ ALABAMA

never_catch

Long Time Member
Saturday night #1 and #2 go head to head in college football. I've been waiting very impatiently for this game all year long!! The way I see it, both teams are fully loaded on defense and average on offense. I think Alabama has the edge on offense with their Heisman candidate running back and LSU has the edge on defense with more depth and speed. What do you guys think?? Who's going to win and run the table this year??

Will there be a rematch game between these two for the BCS Title or will Boise, Stanford, or OK St get a shot?? I would absolutely LOVE for Boise St to finally get a shot...either one, LSU or ALABAMA, would run their asses into the ground and finally shut up all the whiny Boise fans!! :)

GO LSU GO!!

~Z~

I'm with ya on the Boise fans. They are a most delusional breed. As Overton would say, Roll On.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Heck, I'd get my Butt kicked going against LS & U! I also have been looking forward to this game. John

+2 on the Boise comment!!!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I'm a Boise alum and a fan.

Here are a couple of (almost) facts. LSU and Alabama certainly appear to be the 2 best teams THIS year. (The best is a moving target year to year.)

IF OK St. goes undefeated, they deserve the national championship slot (tougher schedule than either Ala or LSU).

At this juncture, BSU has played a much tougher schedule than Stanford (the folks BSU beat are all in 1st place in their respective conferences). BSU would probably BEAT Stanford.

Oklahoma is well....who knows. It seems kind of tough to allow them to be National Champs when they lose to a joke team at HOME...and we all expect them to beat OK State.

NOBODY else in the country is any better than Boise. In almost any year, one can pick a team or two and claim THAT team is the best...and not get much argument from me.

BUT...that top team keeps changing and Boise stays right there....somewhere in the top 5 or 6; not bad.

Boise would certainly be the best team in the Big 10, ACC or Big East (and may well go undefeated). The Pac-12 isn't scary and even the mighty SEC only has two teams (this year). The projected winner of the east was physically WHIPPED by Boise...and the last two BSU teams were better than this one.

Two of the last 4 regular-season losses by mighty Oregon, were to BSU.

After Boise beat TCU in the BCS game a couple years ago, they had an excellent argument that BSU was the BEST TEAM in the nation. Before the selections were made, Alabama and Florida both let it be known, they wanted nothing to do with BSU (or TCU)...hence a rematch with TCU, who I think was the nation's best THAT year...except we won the game.

An Alabama/LSU rematch is absurd. Until every team plays one another or some realistic tournament exists...if you want to be champion, win the important games late in the year; simple concept. Boise "blew" a close game against an excellent team on the road late last year...out of consideration for a BCS game (yet obviously one of the three or four best teams in the nation)....let LSU or Alabama live up to that standard when they believe they are the best of the best.

Unless they are simply stupid, they know what this game means...the winner goes on and the loser goes elsewhere. That's pretty much what would happen in a playoff.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Love Boise but they are not the team they have been . Do not think they could beat either LSU or Ala .
GO LSU

Boise State in my opinion most certainly does not deserve a title shot. I think it's great what they've done the last few years, but everyone has to be judged on the same plane. Boise State has played nowhere near the competition that anyone in the SEC has. I would take a 1 loss LSU or Alabama team over them in the title game for sure. How can you say that they would beat Michigan? Michigan State? Wisconsin? Nebraska? Ohio State? That is a bad take and cannot be proven. I'll give it to you, given any of those teams once in a season they may get up enough to win, but what if they played all of those teams back to back? Boise State's best chance was last year, but they choked to Nevada. Do you see LSU or Bama getting beat by teams of Nevada's quality? I don't think so. This is obviously just opinion, but until Boise plays a solid 10 teams a year, they shouldn't be in contention for the national title. IMO
I however am rooting for LSU to win, and unless stanford or Ok State go undeafeated, we will most likely see this same game as the national championship game.

i bleed purple and gold. LSU all the way for me. but i will say it will be a tough game. and i think the winner will be the bcs champs this year

I am with you on this one Z and Lesgo - I got LSU all the way. I also agree with GB - if OK State runs the table they have to be in the NC game. Same with Stanford - but they have to be undefeated! An undefeated record from either the PAC-12 or the Big XII (or the Big 10 for that matter) is better than a one loss team from the SEC. But if BSU and LSU are the only two undefeated teams and Bama has just the loss to LSU (or vice-versa) then it will be a re-match of this game on Sat. Sorry, but BSU will be out in the cold. Not being in a BCS conference will hurt them again. Also their schedule this year is as weak as it has been in a while.

I am looking forward to seeing the Horns and the Red Raiders this weekend though! Not sure which team will make it to Austin - the team that beat Oklahoma or the team that got romped at home by Iowa State! Gonna be good either way though.

HOOK 'EM!

you wont see a rematch of the teams but it wont be Boise no matter what happens

How can I say that BSU would beat Big 10 teams...because the Big 10 doesn't beat anyone outside their conference (not what you want to call quality teams). Their record for the last 15 years is quite uninspiring. Wisconsin was "all that" last year and TCU whipped them. Boise beat their only same opponents much worse than did Ohio state...and Ohio was at home. BSU on the road.

The ONLY conference that is obviously stronger is the SEC...and they only go "two deep" this year.

LSU and Alabama are (my opinion) the two best in the country....nobody else is very scary...unless it's OK St. offense; offense in the Big 12 is impressive but they don't play D.

Boise's D-line is big time (2 pro draft picks). (I'm not sure Boise is as good this year as the last two...the people are there (except field goal kicker) but something seems a little off....BSU would beat (7 out of 10 times) any time in the country with the exception of LSU, Alabama, OK St., OK and the jury is out on Oregon...unless Stanford improves QUICKLY.

LSU will win Saturday (hope so). They seem to have more defensive speed and (as Miles says) "sincere" contact on defense; good as Bama's D is, LSU looks better. I believe the LSU offense is able to both run and pass...Bama is pretty one dimensional.

BSU's schedule isn't all that weak. The non-conference teams they beat are in 1st place in their respective conferences.

Georgia appears to be headed for the SEC title game and Boise beat Toledo (on the road) by MUCH more than did Ohio State (at home). Ohio State appears headed for the Big 10 Championship. Boise whipped a talented Tulsa team as did Oklahoma...but Boise did it on the road.

Actually, Boise's schedule is tougher than the one Stanford has played and Kellen Moore has better stats than Luck. (I'd draft Luck # 1 but Moore has better stats against stronger competition thus far.)

ANY undefeated top 10 team should be above a 2nd-place one-loss team from the SEC (or any place); particularly so if that team will have lost to one of the title contenders within the last month of the season. So should the conference champion of the Pac 10 or Big 12. (Big 10 too, if they ever regain their old level of play.)

I'm a BSU fan. Given a vote, I'd give the winner on Saturday (assuming they win out) one place in the title game.

The other??? I'm thinking Oklahoma will beat OK St. It's tough to say they wouldn't deserve the other slot...with BSU coming in third in a two-horse race....'cause we needed another big name on the schedule, which we had until BYU cancelled.

Some scheduling facts: some the Big-name schools are willing to play us...if we go THERE twice and they come to our house once...and we pay them money. Many will only place a home game for them....want no part of coming to Boise...OR...some will only play on a neutral site (Georgia & Virginia Tech) about 100 miles from their campus...but won't leave their state to play BSU.

Something stupid? Boise is being courted by the Big East. If we played them, our schedule would be weaker but we'd have an automatic bid.

gb22, I admire you for sticking with your team but trust me brother...aint nobody buying any of it!! Boise is no different then Oregon...everyone was saying how great Oregon and Boise were the past few years (and still hearing it this year) but Oregon straight up got beat down TWICE IN A ROW by top SEC teams (Auburn 2010/LSU 2011). Boise has a tough schedule?? LMAO!! I couldn't pick an easier schedule if I tried dude!! Boise will eventually get their "big game" like Oregon has and when they do...they'll get pounded too!! Don't hate me dude, just calling it like it is...

GO LSU GO!!

~Z~

Maybe you should READ what I wrote.

I didn't say Boise had a tough schedule. I said it was tougher than Stanford's. Toughest schedule thus far is OK. State. By the end of the year (conference championships and all), the SEC winner or the Big 12 winner will have had a decidedly-more-difficult schedule.

Bet you hope an upset doesn't happen and the SEC champ is Georgia, who would be playing at home.

I also said (and will stand by it) the only two teams that LOOK to be above everyone else, are LSU and Alabama....with the jury still out on Oklahoma State.

I also said the TOP SEC team changes every couple of years and that BSU often isn't at the TOP of the SEc. They could well win any other conference this year....and would finish in the top three in the SEC.

Folks who cheer for the SEC, seem to confuse those letters with NFL. 'Tain't necessarily so.

What DO YOU DO, if the only two undefeated teams at year end are Oklahoma State and BSU? What if Georgia (playing at home) upsets LSU in the championship game?

Tougher than Stanfords? Seriously? Playing Oregon alone puts them ahead of Boise State. Boise played Georgia, and will play TCU, and that's it. Stanford has Notre Dame, Washington, USC, and Oregon, plus the wear and tear of a decent conference with depth. Look at the scores of the games they've played too. The only team that's came close is USC, and they're actually turning into a pretty legit team this year. I'm not saying it's Boise State's fault for not playing anyone, because I know they try and schedule teams, but can't get the games. The truth of the matter is that every team in the Pac 12, Big 10, Big 12, SEC, ACC all have stronger schedules than Boise State. If LSU had your same schedule, they would beat teams by 45+ and wouldn't ever be threatened to lose.

Stanford hasn't PLAYED Oregon yet. I keep saying "thus far".

Not so.

As stated, Oklahoma and Ohio State played a couple of the same teams. BSU was MUCH more impressive than Ohio St....and they're going to play for the Big 10 championship. Oklahoma and BSU had similar results...only Oklahoma was at home.

As for Notre Dame being good (meaning elite)....not this decade; not for at least 15 years.

You're probably right about LSU stomping everybody BSU has played.....as they have the people they've actually played and as Boise has stomped the people you think LSU WOULD stomp.

Before using words you don't really understand, you should watch and analyze...not simply cheer and repeat what an analyst says.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-11 AT 00:30AM (MST)[p]My understanding is far beyond yours on this one buddy...you're just pissed off because we're ripping on your mediocre team!! What's funny as hell is this has been eating away at you all day long!! }> }> }>

Here's the guy virtually everyone uses for schedule strength comparisons btw...also it's pretty unbiased considering he's been doing this since 1985!! http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc11.htm

GO LSU GO!!

~Z~

Cracks my ass up when people try and convince me of what a team will do to and entire comference if they join it. Look at the UTAH UTES, in their first year in the new pack 12. They just got their first conference win against the Beavers. (I was there I might add, and not a fan of either) Playing good teams week in and week out is a lot harder then pulling a miracle out of their ass after 6 weeks to prepare at the end of the season. Gimme a break. LSU VS ALABAMA, thats your BCS championship game weeks early. There is a reason why 1 player on Boise state gets drafted to the NFL a year and actually starts. Like I posted on another thread (Even the great Ian Peon Johnson only became a tackling dummy.)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-11 AT 07:34PM (MST)[p]overton u plick, u aint welcome here anymore. bama suxs

Boise needs there chance. i think no one wants to give them it just because there afraid of what might happen if a big name school like lsu or bama would lose in the nc game
on the other hand we all know it'll never happen and if it does i think they would hold there own but in the end would lose

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-04-11
>AT 07:34?PM (MST)

>
>overton u plick, u aint welcome
>here anymore. bama suxs

LOL

>Boise needs there chance. i think
>no one wants to give
>them it just because there
>afraid of what might happen
>if a big name school
>like lsu or bama would
>lose in the nc game
>
> on the other hand we
>all know it'll never happen
>and if it does i
>think they would hold there
>own but in the end
>would lose

When the LSU and Alabama players think about things they are scared of I'm sure Bosie St. never crosses their minds. It's ok to dream but come on....Really,Really. LSU/Bama afraid of Boise.
I think not!!!!!!!

Boise doesn't need their chance, they had it last year and choked on how many field goals? Boise will be in another BCS game just like they deserve, but until they play somebody, they will not be in the championship game and shouldn't. As for the game tonight, I'm freakin pumped! The RB from Bama is a stud, but LSU can pass the ball, and bama really isn't that great. I'm going semi low scoring 21-17 for LSU. I hate to agree with you Z, but I can't go against Les Miles. He's somehow become Erin Andrews favorite, so he has become my idol, and I won't root against him.

BSU can play anyone and win once. If you start talking 2 out of 3 times, I wouldn't bet on it. They have beat some of the best teams in the so called top conferences. BSU has owned the Ducks for a while now. Wish we still played them.
This year BSU is not as good as in the past. Yes, Moore is a great QB, but he can't run. It will keep him out of the NFL. It limits BSU's options as a team. I think we could be much better if he was mobile. We will graduate a bunch of seniors this year, but most of these guys were starting as freshmen. Next year will be a "rebuilding year", but BSU has top notch coaching, and I believe that will be the difference. Only time will tell. But I remember saying that when we lost the past 3 QB's too.
Anyway, I am picking LSU to win tonight. It should be a good game.

I've got no dog in this fight, but since my hunting buddy is a coon azz, I'm going for LSU.
I just figured ~Z~ would have posted some LSU girls by now! C'mon dude!

i think that was a great game, both teams deserve to win. that was a defensive battle and it came dowm to field goal kickers and bama didnt have a good one. LSU rules and the rest druel. and rans u still a plick

>i think that was a great
>game, both teams deserve to
>win. that was a defensive
>battle and it came dowm
>to field goal kickers and
>bama didnt have a good
>one. LSU rules
>and the rest druel. and
>rans u still a plick
>

How's Brenda?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-11 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]brenda is fine. she was at the halloween party dressed as dollye parton

All I know is Nebraska lost to a team that actually makes their players go to class and have a high ACT score. Ransom and I are the only ones old enough to remember when the Huskers could actually play the game.

I remember when the husker's had a good team most years. Nebraska is just like the other wannabes in the Big 10 like Wisconsin, Michigan State and Michigan. The entire confrence top to bottom could lose to any 4-4 or 5-5 team from the Big -12 or the cellar dwellers in the SEC. This confrence was wayyyyy over rated eariler this season and we are finding out they are are a group of below average teams.

Couldn't agree more the Big 10 is overrated however college football is fluid and that could change in years to come. I think if the NCAA ever gets serious they are really going to ding the top of the SEC for very shady recruiting practices. This would have a huge effect, but then again money may win out and the NCAA is blind in one eye and can't see out of the other. I remember Nebraska taking Alabama, Florida, Tennessee and SEC powers to the woodshed throughout 70's, 80's and 90's.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-08-11 AT 09:34AM (MST)[p]>Couldn't agree more the Big 10
>is overrated however college football
>is fluid and that could
>change in years to come.
> I think if the
>NCAA ever gets serious they
>are really going to ding
>the top of the SEC
>for very shady recruiting practices.
> This would have a
>huge effect, but then again
>money may win out and
>the NCAA is blind in
>one eye and can't see
>out of the other.
>I remember Nebraska taking Alabama,
>Florida, Tennessee and SEC powers
>to the woodshed throughout 70's,
>80's and 90's.

If you will remember the not that distant past, Nebraska has had it's share of criminals so to insinuate that they are somehow doing it the "right way" is laughable. The NCAA could pick the majority of schools in the country and find enough viloations to shut it's althletics programs down. I'm not at all saying it's o.k. but the NCAA is a joke that needs to be completly replaced top to bottom or elimated.

Speaking of the 90's I guess you remember the Florida gators killing the all powerful cornhuskers to ruin yet another dream season. Nebraska had a long run of consistant good football but not great.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom