lots of Idaho Big bucks so far this year

M

muleymaster

I have been scouting since the first weekend in july and have been up every chance i get and we have had tons of success so far this year between my friends and i. My hunt opens the 16th for a late archery so i hope i can add a pic to this list :) hope you like the pics. you can check out a few of my videos on my YOUTUBE page as well. Thanks.

my roomate shot this buck, scores 197 2/8ths we watched all summer
photo3.jpg

2011-10-02_09-41-12_776.jpg

my good friend shot this buck, scores 192 6/8ths we watched a couple times this summer
DSC01531.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

my roomates brother shot this buck, in the 150's
315539_10150335290918341_500398340_8123257_181985419_n.jpg

Roomates brothers girlfriend shot this buck, mid 150's i videoed the whole hunt, her first buck
DSC01516.jpg

2011-09-17_10-36-40_486.jpg

roomates dad shot this buck, scored right at 180
317111_262793713762176_100000946490553_722243_245670527_n.jpg

my little brothers buck, his first buck as well, i videoed this buck all summer.
DSC01715-2.jpg

DSC01729.jpg

another good friend shot this buck, somewhere in the mid 170's
317495_171745832913854_100002353140738_351163_2004198080_n.jpg

and a friend of ours helped a guy find this buck, scored 213 and some change, thats my roomate holding it up.
photo-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

Were most of these bucks taken on draw hunts? Because the gen season was a bummer for most.

From what i know, the answer to your question is yes, they were taken on draw hunts. I know for sure one was on a really difficult draw. Maybe the OP can clarify.

id be curious to know what part of the state if you'll give that up. ive been hunting around boise and its the worst ive ever seen it. wondering if its unit specific or just a whole different area in the state.

those are some great bucks. your roommates buck G2's are unreal.

congrats to all the hunters.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

a few of them are general season bucks and a few are draw bucks all a few hours from boise. i live in boise and actually will be hunting the foot hills in a few days with my bow. all that success and none of them are mine :( i hope that my season goes well and hope i have something worthy of mounting up. there are plenty of nice general bucks but you have to work for them and scout scout scout, glass glass glass!!!

called getting out of your rig! never in my life have I seen so many lazy hunters in a unit as I hunted this year in ID....maybe I am just use to hunting in WA where theres lots of guys out...the steeper the more rigs I saw glassing from rig or quad and then guys wonder why they havent seen chit. Never have seen so many quads..I mean never! 25 years of hunting ...it was comical

Try going to a unit where that crap doesn't happen. My odds tell me you were in an ATV accessible unit and no rules restricting their travel.. and no natural steep mountains to stop them. Not all units are like that, but there are units in idaho that have been designated ATV units and they suck for hunters that hike. Can't compete with ATV's up every draw and ridge. Don't want to either. So, i go to units that are so damn rugged no one can use one to get around and hikers don't want to even do it. I never see a single soul on the mountain. And that's how i like it!
so, don't complain, just find another place to go and get away from the idiots. I will say this, i started to see dirtbikes in the unit i hunt.. no atvs allowed, nasty country.. needless to say the locals that hunt the area ran them out. They haven't been back. Glad someone had the nerve to stand up to them. They've been given places to tear up. They can't have it all.

I
>will say this, i started
>to see dirtbikes in the
>unit i hunt.. no atvs
>allowed, nasty country.. needless to
>say the locals that hunt
>the area ran them out.
>They haven't been back. Glad
>someone had the nerve to
>stand up to them. They've
>been given places to tear
>up. They can't have it
>all.

What do you mean "ran them out"? I have a bit of a sore spot from some N. Idaho F***S vandalizing a friends elk camp because he has started hunting "their" mountain that they have had "in the family" for 30+ years...

I agree with everything in your post about not being afraid to work, and get away from the ATV units. But if dirtbikes are legal, then I hate to see some locals try to harrass newcomers to the area to run them out.

This may not be the case at all, which I hope it isn't. Just don't appreciate the whole "this is our mountain, we live here" attitude that is apparent in a lot of areas.

Mike

>called getting out of your rig!
>never in my life have
>I seen so many lazy
>hunters in a unit as
>I hunted this year in
>ID....maybe I am just use
>to hunting in WA where
>theres lots of guys out...the
>steeper the more rigs I
>saw glassing from rig or
>quad and then guys wonder
>why they havent seen chit.
>Never have seen so many
>quads..I mean never! 25 years
>of hunting ...it was comical
>

Im not sure if your replying to what i wrote about not seeing much so ill give you the benefit of doubt, but im not one to glass from the roads, i put lots of miles on. Maybe i was in the wrong area??? i dont know but im certainly not lazy and the deer were not in the areas they have been for the past 15 years. As to why?? i dont know, but its not because i was road hunting.

Travis
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

Re read the post. They are NOT legal in some units and they are going off road tearing the land up. Especially the Wilderness units. They went in on dirtbikes, went off road, tore crap up and got their asses chewed by the locals and the forest service would not go and block the path they created up a montain side, so the locals went in, worked moving dead fall in the path they created to stop further damage. It is a 0 ATV trailed area. I never once said they did anything illegal to them. But im with them in not putting up with it. They were also riding on a NO atvs allowed trail in the wilderness. There are places for gear heads to tear crap up, and im for one sick of them tearing up places set aside for the people that hate them and want to keep it wild and enjoy the piece and quiet.

I know that at least three of these bucks were out of unit 44. Draw hunts are not the same as general. In fact the one hunter was seeing 30 bucks in a weekend, show me a general area in idaho where you can see that many bucks. Also motorcycles were used to access the country where some of these bucks were taken.

yes some of the deer are draw tags but I have TONS of video of general season bucks!!!! we made over 10 stalks on 170+ class deer in the general archery and we saw 30 bucks in one day several times in a GENERAL unit this year. I dont know who you are but you dont have to hate on our success. we hunted really really hard!!! scouted for months and months and put in more miles than you can shake a stick at! I was able to help my brother harvest his first buck in a general hunt that scores over 160 and was a buck we watched alllllllllll preseason and passed in the general archery for larger bucks!

>Im not sure if your replying
>to what i wrote about
>not seeing much so ill
>give you the benefit of
>doubt, but im not one
>to glass from the roads,
>i put lots of miles
>on. Maybe i was
>in the wrong area???
>i dont know but im
>certainly not lazy and the
>deer were not in the
>areas they have been for
>the past 15 years.
>As to why?? i
>dont know, but its not
>because i was road hunting.

I think this year was tough due to the hot weather. The weather wasn't in the normal range until the last week of October. I saw more deer in the last two weeks in August than I did in September and the first three weeks of October. I was out 3 or 4 days a week during this period in different areas. My personal opinion is that the deer were almost nocturnal, staying bedded in brush during daylight hours.

Is your "friend"that helped with the last one Steve Alderman? Pics I got of that buck had his truck in the background...

I also think this year was quite different for wilderness units because of the late spring and vast expanse of available forage. Suitable feed and cover is a big factor for deer distribution, and I don't think a lot of bucks migrated to their typical haunts or were more spread out this year. Combined with the hot weather this year makes it difficult...

MuleyMaster thats a helluva year and a great job. Gives me more hope to keep on working hard. We are headed on a late muley hunt this weekend. I shot my buck last year in it and we are getting to know it pretty well. Can't wait to see what we can't turn up this year!

Mike

I'm not hating on your success. Great Job! But draw hunts are different and your general season area 43 you are hunting you are accessing by motorcycle, which in my opinion, and it is just that my opinion, should not be allowed; It would allow more wildlife escapement and help bring deer herds back. If you want to hunt the back country-hike. Just my 2 cents.

have i met you before? and also. i do hike! this year im hunting the 39 late hunt, all roads are closed. also i did an elk hunt this year where i hunted for 9 days, hiked 50+ miles in 30degree temps at 8000+ ft and lost 9 pounds. we ride to a base camp then hike. we put on an average of 10 to 12 miles a day. trust me, i follow the rules and hunt hard.

Is your "friend" that helped with the last buck Steve Alderman? Pics I got of that buck last month had his truck in the background...

hey wait?! i walked that much too.... Can i have a medal??? i may need 2, one for my buddy that went with me! course we didnt kill and see all the big bucks. ha...

Travis
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

what id like is to be able to post pics and share big bucks with people on here and not get responses like this?? i hunt hard, i hunt fair, and i aslo get on this site to see others success and share mine or my friends. if you have something negative to say about me keep it to yourself. That last buck isnt steave aldermans buck. he knows the guys that shot it and was on the mountain when it was killed. he came over to congratulate them. the pics i have are of my roomate holding the buck at the house.

Who cares what methods were used to get these bucks as long as they were legal??? You guys need to take a major chill pill, untwist your panties, shake the sand from your vag, and do whatever you need to do in order to appreciate someone else's success.

Don't let 'em get you down MuleyMaster, you guys had a helluva year and I hope to have matching success in the years to come as well!

Mike

Ya, I know it wasn't Steve in the last pic, just curious if he was one that helped with the taking of that buck. Things a PIG! Congrats on your success tho bud so long as it involves nothin illegal! ; )

i congratulate your success and your buds. im just poking fun at the guy that was saying that if i didnt see much this year it was because i was road hunting which is absolutely not true.

Travis
Blacks-Creek Pack Dealer
Havalon Knife Dealer

I just met the roommate that killed the first buck and is in the pic with the deep forked buck also. Great kid. Seemed very dedicated and into the right thing.

I second everyone who posted that as long as it is reasonable and legal that it is a good hunt. I certainly don't see how you can argue with the body of work these guys have put it. If you only feel good about hiking in country that allows other means of transport than so be it, but as long as you aren't riding where you shouldn't be than you won't hear me complain.

Thanks guys. We scout hard and hunt even harder. Some of those bucks were indeed draw tags but just because you draw a tag doesnt guarantee you 200" bucks. Infact, i dont think thaere were very many 200" class deer killed this year so it shows that our dedication and months of scouting paid off. Like i said, i have tons of video and pictures fro general units as well but dont want to give away my areas so i choose not to post them. Thank you for your comments.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom