LOST TERRAPIN!!! Please help find!

D

DoubleShell

So, I was hunting down on some private farm land just off of the Virgin River Desert Devil Terrapin Preserve with the famous guide E.E. Lgrass and I came upon a monster terp feeding on the carcass of a dead goat it had taken during the night from a nearby petting zoo - still had the pink collar on it too, poor thing.

Anyhoo, as I made a nice stock from across the alfalfa field my guide/outfitter Mr. Lgrass handed me the only weapon he trusts for this type of shot - a Bear Crusader bow with "specially sharpened field tips". So I stocked up on this here Terp and because of his ferociousness I think I pulled the shot and hit him a little far back. Since we were using a spot light, we had to turn it off when the terrapin screamed (Lgrass said this was so he didn't charge our position, but it made me wonder a little why we had to cover ourselves, faces included, in mud and hid under that ditch bank when all those sirens and lights were in the field) anyway, by the time we got to the area of the hit, I only found a good blood trail and we tracked it for a good 45 yards but then decided to go after a bigger one. I am just sick about it though - that was one of my best arrows! I may not be able to afford to go hunting next year if I don't get it back.

So if any of you come across the carcass of a huge, gigantic, world record breaking Desert Devil Terrapin near Mesquite, NV and find a hot pink and green flecthed wooden arrow in it, please let me know. I really need that arrow back.

Oh by the way. I did end up arrowing two more terrapins(but found those arrows) that we tracked and tracked and tracked for at least 30 yards each, (just makes me sick) and finally enended up taking a nice management hen terp on the last day. We made sure she didn't have any eggs, at least she wasn't sitting directly on a nest, but just to the left of this little mound of dirt, sand and dead grass. She will make a nice euro mount.

So if you find my arrow, shoot me a PM and I will pay for the postage (reimbursement basis only) for you to return it.

Thank you, thank you very much,
DoubleShell

How sure are you that ewe had permission to be on that private property . Cuz I'm hearin a different story . My Uncles,cousins,nephews,brothers,twin sisters ,manscappin half wit cousin said he herd from a good source thats not how it went down .

Also was your crew running around on fancy pants yellow , Can Am wheelers ?

I heard you were herding those turtles with helicopters and had 20 spotters in the mountains keeping everyone out of the area.

Those are all just rumors!! The Can-Ams are fine hunting machines and they were never taken off a road that wasn't on private property or federally restricted!

You are all just jealous!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-11 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]I'm just asking for a little help retrieving something very dear to me. That arrow may mean the difference between me eating next year or digging through the trash cans behind Lesgo's gator farm and crawfish emporium!

Just cut out the jealousy and help a feller look! Hell, in the Utah Forum someone even lost a Salina rancher!

Jealousy jealousy jealousy.

Ok I gotcha on those things just being rumors . I was just curious on the Can Am thing because there was a couple of jack wagons on Can Ams that ruined my hunt in the same area .

I was down there huntin spotted owls and I had just completed a very difficult stock when I'm grabbin my old trusty barret 50 cal by the stalk gettin ready to bag me my elusive quarry when all of a sudden these crazy dudes on the Can Ams come racing all over the country side , rippin up and tearin the heck out of the grass and sage brush .

When I checked my trail cams it looks like these Can Am jokers where messing with my cams , and taking a wizz in my water holes that I had staked claim on . One of the jokers was waggin some thing at the camera . It looked kinda like a Johnson , only smaller . I'd post pic's but I don't want to embaress the little fellar .

Back to the orignal deal . Bummer deal bout your arrow , hope you find it or some thing else that will work .

Good news fellas! E.E Lgrass just called and said he found my arrow. Well, he didn't, but the landowner's dog found it. E.E. was a little upset that I wrote his phone number on the shaft before I shot it. He had to convince the landowner that someone stole the arrow.

Mr. Lgrass said this whole incident could have been avoided if I had agreed to hunt two weeks earlier when the landowner was away on vacation to the Bahamas. That didn't work for me because I hate hunting Terripin in the velvet. Talk about UGLY! I refused to hunt during that time.

Now E.E. is worried because some IGNORANT dude said there should be a law againts hunting Turtles in the velvet.

Anyhoo, since we got the arrow back, we're on the look out for the IGNORANT anti-hunter who wants to outlaw velvet hunts.

PM me if you have any leads. Thanks!

DoubleShell

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom