Lost my Swarovski scope on the deer hunt....Help???

H

Hornytoad74

My scope fell off my bumper in the Millcreek area of the Paunsagunt unit. Hoping someone might have picked it up and would be generous enough to give it back. If anyone out there knows anything, you can email me at [email protected].
Thanks.

Wow...seems a guy could get fully outfitted just driving the back roads of Utardia picking stuff up off the road....

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

That occurred to me, as well.

BUT, I've got to ask....why was an unattached scope left on a bumper out in the mountains?

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Probably.

I've always said "scope" and spotting scope....my son actually asked me "why" it wasn't on the gun when I read it to him (we have Swarovski binos and spotting scopes).

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Yes it is a spotting scope and yes I know I am a Dumb-A. Definitely not the smartest thing I have ever done.

>Yes it is a spotting scope
>and yes I know I
>am a Dumb-A. Definitely
>not the smartest thing I
>have ever done.

lol....you're forgiven

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I feel bad for you and I hope you get your scope back.

Now, I am fairly sure that at least 4 pair of Swaro binos have been reported lost on this site alone and now a Swaro spotter.

WTF? How does this happen?

I guess I am WAY farther out of the "financial success" loop than I thought. That is more than 6 weeks wages for me.

My Swaro EL's, are my most prized piece of hunting equipment. I sleep with them on hunting trips, never take them off without placing them in the truck, or in my day pack and put them in my safe as soon as I get home.

I seldom allow anyone else to even look thru them, even if I am standing right beside them.....and even then, they better know what they are, or we won't be sharin' the experience.

I would commit suicide if I ever lost them and would commit murder if they were ever stolen.

I would also NEVER tell anyone I "left them on my bumper".

"If God did not intend for man to hunt animals, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot"

Sorry for your loss, hope you find it. I saw this almost happen to my friend. We were loading all our gear back in the truck, and wheelers on the trailer, Plus kids. My friend was wearing his el's in a bino harness over his coat, took them off set them on the tool box in the back of the truck. Took his coat off jumped in with the rest of us drove town the canyon thru town to my house). I get my stuff look back as he's starting to drive off and see his el's on the edge of the tool box about to fall. I got him stopped and pointed out what could of happened. Talk about luck.

Hey do you still have the case and tripod for that spotter? How much will you sell it for? I need them for this spotter I found.....just razzin ya. Hope you get it back

That's a bummer. A few years back the eye piece came off of my Zeiss spotting scope and I never found it. I know how you feel.

I left my browning shotgun leaning against a fence post once upon a time. Went back and it was gone. Run a ad in the paper, and some guys wife called me. When I went over to get it, the husband showed up, he wasn't very happy with the wife returning it. I hope someone honest found your scope and will return it. Good Luck.

You guys need to engrave your name and drivers licence number on your bino's and spotters. That way if someone finds them they can return them to you when they find them on the ground some place. ;-) Just sayen .
On bino's it easy to put it on the metal in the middle pivot . On spotter's on the metal foote.

Write your serial numbers down and keep it with your gun serial numbers your should have recorded some place. If you dont have this done already ? It's a good off season thing to do. Take a picture of you guns and record all of your serial numbers and keep them in a safe place.Easy to do these days with our new digital cameras. You can even record them to a file and safe them. Incase of loss or stolen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom