Lost my best buddy...

kingfish

Long Time Member
It finally had to happen! I had to say goodbye to one of the loves of my life yesterday. Holly, my 13 year old female lab was put down at 5:00 pm. It's amazing the impact a dog like her has made on so many of my family members. She was a gem. My girlfriend has just been beside herslf with emotions. Thank you Holly for showing us humans how to truly show love. kingfish.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

King, I hear you dude. Condolences. I don't know what I'll do when I have to say "bye" to my female Australian shepherd. She's 10 now. pc

Sorry to hear about your loss. I also feel very sorry for the folks who will never know the happiness of a relationship with a dog. If we have had the loyalty and companionshipm that only a dog can provide, we have been blessed in a way that can only come from a dog.

Saw a bumper sticker a long time ago that sume is all up, "The more I get to know people, the more I like my dogs".. If you can find a person that is as loyal as a dog, then you have something.

So, when the time is right, take the girlfriend with you and go find another dog. Won't be exactly the same, but it will sure be worth it again. KattTraxx

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-12 AT 11:41AM (MST)[p]Keith:

It NEVER gets any easier --- my heart aches with you, brother! It helped to make a framed assortment of favorite photos taken over the years so the good times were more readily remembered ...

Lv2hnt

"Every man dies --- not every man really lives."

I'm sorry about your loss Kingfish. I just had to put my blue heeler, best friend, and name-sake Zeke down last month. 12 years old and still doing good until cancer got him. I pounded the Crown Royal and went on a cussing rant on Facebook that night. Can't say it was the right thing to do, but I felt a little better! It sucks, but it does get better. Just cherish how good a friend Holly was. Sorry.

i wish you better times, i have a14 yea. old yellow lab.; just gave her; her aspririn for the day,, i know this will be her last winter,,,

It's always tough to loose a buddy. Why do the bad ones live forever and the good ones go to soon?

"the master has his resaons life is His to give or take"
Marty robbins, Gunfigher ballads.

from thee "Heartland of Wyoming"

Tuff deal for anybody. Sorry for your loss!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Get another pup soon. It's the only thing that will stop the hurt. It sucks that our best friends leave us after a few short years but there are new friends out there that are waiting for you.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

My 14 year old lab is at my feet now. Deaf, near blind and sore all the time. She still wags her tail when I come home or pet her. I do not expect her to make it thru the winter.

Appears that a lot of us understand your pain.......

Sorry for you loss! Brought a tear to my eye. My 13 yr old Short hair has been sick all day! But like Nick says she still wagged her tail when I came home. Made my day. I will miss her and I will try and get her out this weekend for just a dog and dad day. Bird season opens. I won't miss it for nothing. I feel your pain. She will be in your heart forever.

Rutnbuck

Sorry to hear of that loss, kingfish.

In March I was where you are now. It's a loss like no other. Dogs don't care if you've had a bad day, they love you anyway.

Get that pup and get yourself a new buddy.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Dogs, labs especially, are the best friends we'll ever have. Their love and devotion is unconditional toward us. I've lost a few very precious black labs over the years, and I still think of them regularly.

Hang in there, it'll get better. Remember all the good times.

Thanks fellas. We are still trying work through the emotions. Everything we did each day she was right at our feet just glad to be with us. No more dogs for us we are going to travel and don't want to have to have someone look after a dog and I never wanted to have to kennel my dog. It was pure pleasure to have had her and now she is with my dad. We are leaving her feeding area in the house as a memorial and rememberance. I am in the process of putting together a big picture frame with a lot of her at different stages in life. It was hard but it was the right thing to do for her..........Later.

My condolences to you...

A DOG'S PRAYER

By Beth Norman Harris

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest--and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

king
Dang sorry to hear about your friend. Its a tough, tough thing. Went through several months ago and it still hurts bad. Time will lessen the pain, hang in there.

fowlmouth, Thank you. She did pass in my arms...

That poem never ceases to make me tear up...just seemed fitting...you Sir are welcome...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom