Lope Score Guess

E

eagle_eye

Took this guy last year in WY and had him officially scored by a B&C measurer after the mandatory drying period to settle a bet with my brother.

Anyone care to take a guess on the score?

4016dscn0029.jpg

Well into the 80s if the lengths are as good as what it looks like they are from that one picture.

Even when you have a great picture or view they are darn tough to score. A little hard to tell the exact length from the posted pic, good mass & height though, pretty good prongs so I'll go 84 +/- a point.
Great buck though congrats!!

Sweet Buck.

I just hope I can get a shot at one that big on my hunt this coming season.

It's hard to be very accurate with one side view. You can get a guess on length of left horn. I would guess 83-85.

I scored him on the hoof as "big enough"

I scored him after I shot and he was on the ground as "bigger than my brother's"

I green scored him a week later at home at a little north of 84"

He officially grossed after the drying period at a little over 82 and netted 81 6/8". I thought Dr. Hunter guessed right on the nose till I looked at the score sheet.

A Wyoming lope hunt is amazingly fun. Couple of preference points and you're hunting goats this size every 2 or 3 years. Many of the goats I saw had mass similar to mine.

I'm surprised he didn't go higher than that, but it was hard to tell with only one picture of him laying the way he was. That's still a darn good goat and one to be proud of. I would definitely agree on the fun it is hunting them and I think you have a good chance at one like that in an awful lot of the Wyoming units right now because they are really at peak numbers the last couple years.

Just off by a hair. . . Great Antelope! Congrats. I need to get up there and do a hunt. I have been wanting to for some time now, but we have been lucky enough to draw Utah tags for the past three years now. Hopefully this will be the fourth.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom