Looking into hunting antelope in 2008

pushin_30

Very Active Member
I am interested in hunting antelope for the first time and am wondering on some good DIY opprotunities or even a guided hunt for the 2008 season, montana, wyoming, new mexico, arizona, nevada, or utah. This will be a rifle hunt, as it will be my first attempt at the speed goats. Any information or tips to get me started in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Wyoming would be a good state to look at . Utah , Nevada , Arizona are going to take a lot of points to draw . All the Wyoming antelope hunts I have been on have been great .

PM sent.

Second the Wyoming deal. You don't need a guide, either, just good optics and a flat shooting rifle!

OK, How about a third for Wyoming since they have tons of public ground and lots of "goats". Typically the further east you apply the better your odds for getting a permit. However, the further you look east in the state the more private land you encounter. My son and I did a "left over antelope hunt" several years ago and we lucked into some nice animals.
I would recommend that if you want to hunt DIY, you go a few days before and scout the whole area. That gives you a good idea of the quality and quantity of the animals and usually you can be on a good one on opening morning.
It was my son's first big game animal and it was a blast! Good luck!

Look in the archives here. There are numerous Antelope hunting questions similar to yours. You'll find lots of good info. there. GOOD LUCK ! C.C.

Pullin_30,

At the very start of this Forum you will see across the top right edge the numbers 1-12 & Archive. Take some time and read each page and even go further back in the Archives, I did this same thing earlier this year for my first Antelope hunt, you can pick up some very good info and make a few contacts this same way. Good luck, but don't take my tag..LOL

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom