Looking for new set optics

N

nezzy

In the market for a new pair of glasses. Whats the best bang for the Buck. Looking at the Vortex Razor, but for just a little more you can pick up the Swaro 8x30 SLC. Any others compare. I have had the Swaro SLC, but the service dept. was less that helpful! looking for imput.

thanks

If you had a bad experience with Swarovski's customer service, it's gotta be a first! My experiences with them has been absolutely fantastic, as has everyone else's I've ever heard of.

I would recommend taking a look at Cabelas Euros. I have been in the Lehi store several times comparing the Euros with several of the other top dollar brands. The Euros or on par with the Swarovski's SLC. Some even say they are a little better, but I have a hard time telling much difference between them. Considering you can pick them up for about half what the Swarovskis cost make them even that much more promising. We all know how Cabelas customer service and return policty is. Verry fiew complants about there services if any. Sounds like a win win for me.

400bull

I really like the Minox HG's I got from Doug at Cameraland. I would suggest checking with him. He might have a great deal on something now.

I have an all swaro set-up, including the the 8x30 slc's. I bought them when the local sportsman's had them for $750, brand new. I am very very happy with them as they are light, 19oz, compact, and very very clear glass. Service wise, I needed new eyecups for my 15x56's and when I called, they just shipped them right out, no hassles, not need to prove mine were bad. I use to think along the lines of value, and that there wasn't much diff between the good $200-$500 glass out there and the high end stuff, but now with lots and lots of time under good glass the past 3 seasons I am convinced you won't ever look back after the check is written. I've read a lot about the Vortex options out there in bino's, spotters, and rifle scopes but the bottom line is I have yet to read any form of comparison review by a sporting mag or birding site where Swaro, Zeiss, and Leica didn't score at or near the top of optical performance and I am yet to see where Vortex has fallen anywhere but middle of the pack. Usually the "other" brands seem to score high on value. So the question is do you want a "value" or the best optics. If you want the best then look at the big "3", and consider the service/warranty and look for the best deal you can find. I have been lucky to get good deals at local shops(lucky), but all I read says that Doug can give good prices and great service so I'd start there.

Nezzy,

You will love the Vipers or Razors. I have used them for the last year and love them both. Great Value!!! Unbelievable Warranty and Service... transferable and unconditional.

If your available, we'll have some at Antlerfest at Cableas on June 7th to look through.

CS

"Helping turn good tags, into great ones." - www.vipoptics.com

How much dough can you spend...? If you have the $ nightforceoptics.com has great hunting scopes! I love mine! I've shot out to 700 yards and no guess work! Sight it in and pull the trigger. Good glass and durable!!

Thanks for all the input. After all the looking I think I will stick with the 8x30 swaros.

Thanks again

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom