looking for ideas for a guided hunt or semi guided 5-6 hunt

J

jimmyt

looking for ideas for 5-6 guys hunting trip in the 4-6k range elk or moose any ideas thanx Jim

Its a drop hunt, but very do able without a guide. Go with Papa bear adventures in AK and shoot a moose or two, maybe three :)
Can fly up there and back including everything for under 6k. That includes flying back with 100 lbs of meat and rack. 10 days in AK wilderness, chasing 1500 pound animals (maybe even bear/wolf and fishing) what could be better than that?

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

For moose in that price range just a very good drop camp in Alaska but it'd be hard for that many guys to be successful unless you split up in two seperate camps.

>For moose in that price range
>just a very good drop
>camp in Alaska but it'd
>be hard for that many
>guys to be successful unless
>you split up in two
>seperate camps.

we went 100% for 2 guys the first time, and had oppurtunities to go 100% for 2 guys the second time. They have multiple groups go 100% on moose there.
One year 4 guys came in the same time we did, they went 4 for 4. biggest was a 64" and smallest was in high 40's. They are from Tennesse and never seen a moose till they got to AK...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Double Diamond outta Wyoming for elk and/or Muley's, great outfit - services as advertised

Adversity does not build character, it reveals it - Audaces Fortuna Juvat

I know you said elk or moose. With that many guys you ever think about caribou? Would be easy to do what you're thinking about. Wouldn't be stressful to kill a pile of bou for that price, and everyone would be successful.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom