Looking for Buffalo Hunt

2lumpy

Long Time Member
I've heard rumors there are cow buffalo "hunts" for under $1000.00. Would anyone know of any such cow hunts?

Thanks
DC

2Lumpy, careful to not get involved in a Buffalo shoot instead of a Buffalo hunt unless you're just looking for the meat. My Pard likes the meat and he generally gets a Buffalo for the freezer every other year at the price you're speaking of,..or even less. Some try to set it up as a hunt but it's no way related to a "hunt", it's much much more of a shoot!

Joey

If you are talking a fair chase type hunt, you might check with the Ute Tribe in Ft. Duchesne, Utah.. I am sure that they offer them but not for sure on price? Maybe google Ute Tribe Outfitting or something and you could find some contact info.... There might be some special regulations like having to have a tribal member guide I am not sure you will have to do some digging but that might be an option hope this helps...

Thanks for the heads up sage. There are a couple of small pasture herds here in my neighborhood were they "harvest buffalo" for meat. I guess, what I'm actually looking for is a "hunt/harvest" kind of activity. In the end, I really want the buffalo meat for the table. I know hunting a "free ranging herd" is not going to happen for this kind of money, but what I'm hoping to find is a "simulated free ranging hunt", if possible. My definition of a "simulated free ranging hunt" would be hunting a cow buffalo on a large enough piece of property wherein the herd can escape in cover and success is likely but spotting and stocking are generally required.

May not exist but I figure if any one would know of such a hunt, the MM family would know where to look.

Thanks again.

DC

Don't know if you bowhunt but you can draw a archery deer tag on the kiabab here in az. That allows you to buy a over the counter cow buffalo tag. I know for residents its about 160. Definitely no high fence on that hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom