looking for an antelope tag

H

hunterman67

howdy all, anyone know of any landowners vouchers, leftovers, cancellations, anything ?? new mexico, colorado, or wyoming. any will work. not looking for a book buck, maybe a deer combo. thanks.
MICHAEL WAITE, MARANA, AZ.

YOU,might check with NDOW,in Reno,Nv (775) 688-1500.Ask for their list for Nv Landowner Damage Comensation Tags.Sometimes they ALL don't sell out ---

NM LANDOWNERS AT LEAST IN THE AREA I DEAL WITH HAVE RECEIVED FEWER TAGS THIS YEAR BECAUSE OF DROUGHT. DROUGHT MAY BE OVER NOW BUT NUMBERS ARE DOWN THIS YEAR . Boone in Elida N,M, . look him up . Dont rememver his first name . He is on the NM landowner list.

yeah i've been away a little while now, i took on a project thats a little bigger than i thought it would be- lucky me !! i missed you too big fella, i'll pop a cold 1 for you-

i found a couple, but they are costly. i'll tell you this much, i found a guy who just bought a fairly large place in new mexico- its his 1st year with the vouchers and he got 4 of them. he gave 1 to his son and has 3 left. if i had the money i would buy all 3 this year and make a deal with him to buy at least the same 3 each year for infinity- i would surely use 1 but i would have 2 to sellf oof like these other puds are doing. its a good unit/area and i'll most likely end up with the 1 voucher, but to have a place each year to hunt without calling 300 landowners and listening to almost all of them say "i've sold them to an outfitter- you can still buy them from him though" well duh !!!!! the outfitters buy the vouchers for 100 and sell them for 2,000.00- what a freaking deal huh. i spoke with one landowner who gets 20 vouchers each year, he sells them to an outfitter- the same guy for 5 years now buys them for 1,000.00 each. thats 20,000.00 this guy gets each year every year. then the outfitter sells them as guided hunts putting the hunters in a motel (at the hunters cost) and drives around looking for 'lopes. he charges 2,500.00 per voucher/tag. this outfitter is sold out. so for the state of new mexico giving a landowner 20 vouchers free of charge, the landowner gets 20,000.00 dollars cash from the outfitter, then the outfitter sells each voucher for 2,500.00, and after all of them are sold he has 35,000.00, so he made 15,000 dollars total profit, all for the same "free" 20 vouchers. now the state each makes 211.00 from each voucher they give a tag out for, so they get 4,220.00- so the state is the least paid player in this game. i guess the motel owners make money, and the local food joints, gas stations, etc- wow, hunting sure is an expensive racket i guess.

yeah- what a country huh !!. i have set the bar at 1200.00- thats including the 211 for the state tag. anything less would just be a bonus, but i'm sure its going to be 1k for 1 voucher.- no mas !!!!! i think were in the wrong business paul !!

I know of one for sale on Unit 10 in Colorado. This is a good unit for antelope, I have seen some nice ones there. If anyone is interested, please contact me.

EH4

Elkhunter,

Look up www.hunts.net they should have something for you for antelope. Good luck. You also might want to try bargaintrophies.com that is also a good website. Good Luck!

NBJB

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-04 AT 06:32AM (MST)[p]Wyoming has a bunch of leftover tags, just contact their G&F

yes wyoming sure does, i wish i knew more about wy- like public places that have a small chance at just seeing game, or landowners who sell tresspass hunts at a fair price. i think i may have found a couple-o-tags. after i have finished calling every landowner in new mexico (i think-lol)- i found one rancher that this is his 1st year of doing this stuff and he just got his 4 vouchers, he gave one to his son- and asked a local outfitter about how much he should charge to sell off the 3 leftover vouchers. well he is asking 1,000.00 each, he's in unit 24 near a place called vaughn. another rancher called me back and left me a message that he still has all 4 of the vouchers he got- and he wants me to call him sunday-today to entertain an offer from me for either just the 1 tag, or all 4 tags- this 2nd place is in unit 31 right on the texas state line. it would sure be a great deal if he let them go for under 1,000.00- i would jump all over them then-lol. anyway whatever i end up with i expect to have a great time.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom