Looking for a packer?

D

dtp1077

Got drawn for the 36A-1 Elk tag! Now I am looking for a Packer to get the meat out if I get the chance to harvest one. I am going to pack in to 8500' to 10,000' and want to be able to get ahold of one if I kill. Looking around and I am not having any luck. I will be going in off of East fork Rd.

Thanks in advance,
Danny

I would guess $250-400, depending on how far he has to travel. If you are an Idaho nonresident, the price goes up to $6000:)

that's really not that bad of a price. i need to make that my new fall job while i'm going to school. i'm surprised more old guys don't just do that, that way they can still get off the roads a bit and get back into the back country like they used to

Are you guessing at $400 or were you quoted that price? I've talked to a packer before who quoted $1,500/person for a five mile trip.

dtp1077 -

I put in for the tag but didn't draw it this year, at least not on the first round. However, I am going to be up there the first week of October with a few buddies that drew the tag. I will have a few horses in there just for packing gear and game out. Depending on when you are going to be up there, we may be able to work something out to get your game out of the backcountry. PM me and we'll talk details.

Thanks,

MuleyCrazed
Meridian, Idaho
[email protected]

I thought you were looking for someone just to pack out your meat. If you are wanting a drop camp arranged, the price will more than double (at least 2 trips, hauling in and out).

Bullelk1, I'm just looking for someone to pack the meat out, I have emailed 3 guys and haven't heard back from them yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom