Looking for a Carport?

sageadvice

Long Time Member
So far i have been in contact with Gator but he builds way better buildings than my simple needs. Also contacted both Carport and Carports.com, both seem to not have their $hit together...

i'm looking for a carport and wondering if anybody here can point me to a responsible Co to come erect one on my base rock pad between house and shop.

Looking for 22'W X 30'D X 10' clearance high
12 gauge or stronger framing material
Framed only on 3 sides
Closed in, roof material, Gables, both
Vertical roofing
one extra panel up top on both sides
40-50 pound snow load
bottom rails and studs on 3 sides
to be anchored with re-bar

PM's welcome
Joey

....and under $2500...right??

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-29-12 AT 10:00PM (MST)[p]13er, The couple prices i have gotten seemed pretty good, about $1500. more than what you must be joking, until i read them my list of wants again just for certainty that we understand each other. Both times, "oh, you want that? Well that will be an additional..." I don't play that game, told them so, and said i'd shop elsewhere.

I'm expecting to pay around $4500. total for the structure, depending. You looking for work? :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey, I really do not think you will be able to get it for that price with the requirements and size you want. That 40-50 lb. snow load is going to require more girders for a metal roof. Steel is way up in price according to the local hardware store that sells a lot of steel roofing in our area.

RELH

RELH, doesn't hurt to put out the word i guess... The price i expect to pay is very near, actually more than, what i was quoted...before the additional cost the Co's wanted to tack on. They were given the same list of my wants that i posted above, just tried to play the ol bait and switch.

I believe that i give a good deal to every customer that i have and am very upfront and honest with my prices. I also expect to get a good deal when i buy something but both those Co's were in a big hurry to get me a low price and signed up. I can only think that a lot of people must fall for their deceiving business practices or they wouldn't do it.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey
I can get you the materials, I just can't get away to come up and put it up right now.
I can get you that green garage(sent ya a picture) with out walls, That you can add walls and doors to it to later.
It just has to be put up with concrete footing for the columns and not on a metal runner for the base.
I can send you some engineering that show the footing and such and you can see what the county/city says about it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Gator, Thanks Man but i'd have to pull a full permit, hire guys, not to mention the drive down and back from your local. Believe me, I thought it over and i appreciate your kind offers. These i'm looking at are portable, not really but they could be moved, and the crew they send takes half a day or so putting it together and it's a done deal.

Driving around town here, i see all manor of metal carports in use, some a guy wonders how they have still stayed up during the winters. I gotta get back to shopping a price.

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jun-02-12 AT 02:58AM (MST)[p]card board....think about it 10 thousand homeless people
swear by it..I tossed some nice stuff like 1/2 thick the other day...

We could meet half way or so I need a trip to Reno. LOL
Find me a X5B rifle tag for deer and I will bring it all the way. LOL

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom