LOOKING AT THE TRUE AVERAGE MILEAGE!!!

elkassassin

Long Time Member
These Are THIRSTY BASTARDS!

And Since I Have One I Can Say It!

36 Different Trucks Run!

Nearly A Million Miles Run!

A Whoppin 13.9 MPG Average + Your Obama Juice!

Now If you Wanna SUCK What The Gauge On The Dash Tells You What Mileage You're Getting Go Ahead!

I've Got A 95 Gasser I Retired When Getting This Last Diesel Pick-Up!

Pulling The Same Trailer,The Gaser Get's 8-9 MPG!

Pulling The Same Trailer With The Diesel That's 26 Years Newer It Oughta Be A Little Better,Right?

Well It's Damn Little Better At 9 MPG!

Add The F'N JUICE In & It Ain't No Better!

And That's Driving It With An Egg In Between Your Foot & The Throttle Plate Everywhere You Can Do It!

I Asked A Gal The Other Day What Kinda Mileage She Was Getting On Hers,She Says 33,It's Says It Right Here On The Dash!

Ya,Mines Shows 29 As The Best,I Don't Remember Driving It Down Hill For 50 Miles With The Key Shut Off To Achieve It Though!

These Newer F'Rs Can't Breathe!

Go Ahead!

Tell Me You Have A Newer Full Size Diesel Getting 25-30 MPG!

I helped my son move from Arizona to Montana about a week ago.
My 2019 Duramax pulling a 28' enclosed trailer full of his stuff got 11.5 mpg
My son has a 2024 mini Duramax. He had big gun safe in the bed and pulled a trailer with 2 atvs and got 24mpg.
I didn't that was too bad. I was Especially impressed with the mini Duramax.

I have a half ton Chevy work truck… Going to South Dakota last fall putting a small cargo trailer with dog food and bbq supplies for a weeks worth of hunting… I got 6 miles to the gallon…😳

My '22 Powerjoke get's 19 running empty .

My TRX will average 14 and wife's ZR2 gets 16.

Considering the power modern rigs develop the fuel economy is amazing.

My 2005 Ram Cummings 5.9
9.5-10 towing 13k lb trailer
10-11 towing 5k lb boat
13-14 with notihing

I’ve been holding off on a truck upgrade, but when I hear 20+ miles per gallon towing a big load, it gets me thinking, “is it really, real”?? If it is, I need to reconsider this truck upgrade my wife thinks I need.

My truck computer says I get 16-17, it’s a liar!

My 2005 Ram Cummings 5.9
9.5-10 towing 13k lb trailer
10-11 towing 5k lb boat
13-14 with notihing

I’ve been holding off on a truck upgrade, but when I hear 20+ miles per gallon towing a big load, it gets me thinking, “is it really, real”?? If it is, I need to reconsider this truck upgrade my wife thinks I need.

My truck computer says I get 16-17, it’s a liar!
Most Of Them Do Lie!

But You'd Be Amazed How Many People SUCK Them BS Numbers In!

Only diesel I have that gets good mileage is my old 12er but it’s a wandering Jew. She gets 19-20 empty if I keep it under 70. Both the others (dmax and 6.0) are 15 mpg rigs. Towing my 15k trailer they all get between 8-10. We don’t get anywhere fast to say the least.

Here's Another One I've Heard Alot Over The Years That I've Always Laughed At:

My Truck Gets 10 MPG Loaded Or Empty!

I've Had A Rig Or Two In My Day & I've Never Had One That Gets The Same Pulling As It Does Empty!:D

Well, I’ve been driving for over 51 years now. A lot of different vehicles mainly economy, cars and trucks. I have never checked gas mileage in my life not even once. I’ve always kept all my vehicles tuned up with regular oil changes running the best they can. So there’s not much I can do about the gas mileage so I don’t worry about it. I’m driving a 2019 Nissan frontier now and it doesn’t tell me what my mileage is. So I just don’t stress out about it.😊

Best thing you can do for better mileage is keep your foot out of it. Might be fun to tow your trailer up a steep grade at 80 plus passing those EV’s. But you pay for it. And sometimes on long trips it’s better to spend a few more bucks (ok more than a few) to save an hour or two. 😎😎

Imo, better advice is to figure out your power range and utilize that on your truck . I know I have to keep RPM's and tyranny gear in the right spot to best conserve fuel. I've got a 1999 F-250 (7.3) that I bought new with 250k+ and I love that truck. I get 10 mpg pulling a 29' fully loaded . Get 17-18 empty .

Them Trucks Were Perty Reliable But You Will Eat A Few Glow Plugs With Them!:D

The Sad Part Is Eventually They Wear Out!

Imo, better advice is to figure out your power range and utilize that on your truck . I know I have to keep RPM's and tyranny gear in the right spot to best conserve fuel. I've got a 1999 F-250 (7.3) that I bought new with 250k+ and I love that truck. I get 10 mpg pulling a 29' fully loaded . Get 17-18 empty .

2016 6.7 Cummins with a complete hysterectomy.

Empty Highway Mileage- 22mpg.
Towing- 10-15 MPG depending on load your pulling.

235,000 miles and still on the original set of brakes.....So it is obvious that I don't tow much.

LMMFAO!

Complete Huh?:D

A CUMMINS Tuned Like A Fine Tuned Piano Is Hard To Beat!

2016 6.7 Cummins with a complete hysterectomy.

Empty Highway Mileage- 22mpg.
Towing- 10-15 MPG depending on load your pulling.

235,000 miles and still on the original set of brakes.....So it is obvious that I don't tow much.

LMMFAO!

Complete Huh?:D

A CUMMINS Tuned Like A Fine Tuned Piano Is Hard To Beat!

A Cummins without the COMPLETE hysterectomy is a pierce of $hit piano that never should have been sold on a car lot.

The problems I had in the first 20,000 miles of that truck's life is a story to be told another day. I will never re-live that story, I'll sell a vehicle at a loss before I deal with that madness again.

I haven't had any problems in 200,000 miles but I will NEVER buy another diesel.

A Cummins without the COMPLETE hysterectomy is a pierce of $hit piano that never should have been sold on a car lot.

The problems I had in the first 20,000 miles of that truck's life is a story to be told another day. I will never re-live that story, I'll sell a vehicle at a loss before I deal with that madness again.

I haven't had any problems in 200,000 miles but I will NEVER buy another diesel.
I said that I would never buy another diesel until they got rid of DEF. Well, last year my ‘02 Duramax with almost 400k was parked when my account told me if I was going to buy a new truck the end of ‘23 was the year to do it. So in early October I went and bought a ‘24 Duramax. I really like it. Way more power and comfortable to drive. Just feels way more wider than my ‘02. Also, it’s the first non lifted truck I have ever owned that I need a step ladder to get into my tool box.

You Say That!

But The 1st Time You hook On To A Trailer/Good Load You're Gonna Wish You Still Had That Diesel!:D

My duramax gets from 18 to 6 depending on load……but the last 400 mile average from the computer is always 9.5…..

The DEF isn't a big deal. it's funny people will pay 100k for a pickup with twice the power of their old one then piss and moan about a little DEF.

Think twice about screwing with the emmissions unless you plan to keep it forever. dealers across the nation are starting to refuse altered rigs in trade. and that's just the beginning , and it's federal so which state you're in won't matter.

You just could leave well enough alone Bess. I was happy just believing what I read on the display…..
On my way to Moab right now. Pulling my toy hauler.
Displays: 10.8
Actual: 10.3
It’s read, on this same trip in the past, around 22.
2012 F-350 Powerstroke
It has been a great truck

The DEF isn't a big deal. it's funny people will pay 100k for a pickup with twice the power of their old one then piss and moan about a little DEF.

Think twice about screwing with the emmissions unless you plan to keep it forever. dealers across the nation are starting to refuse altered rigs in trade. and that's just the beginning , and it's federal so which state you're in won't matter.
My son is a truck driver, within the industry those guys say it is a total joke. All it does is turn darker diesel exhaust smoke lighter in color. A total waste of money provided by our federal government.

I get 22 as long as I keep the Powerstroke 6.7 at 70mph. I get 15 in town. I haven't put tbe wheeler rack on and pulled the trailer yet , but it will be soon. It has a really good tune...

IMG_1969.jpeg

Todays round trip pulling an empty cargo trailer, gutless POS…
Look at the average MPH, at least that’s a great number…

My 2020 f150 gets 17-20 unloaded. Depending on terrain. With my utility trailer with Rzr on it 14. And my 19ft toyhauler loaded 11-12. My previous Tundra totally sucked at gas mileage. 15/11/7.

My Subaru Brush Buggy gets 28 mph..it can pack all my hunting and fishing crap metal detector Igloo Ice cooler with case of beer and a 350 mile run before a fill up....,:cool::cool:

I will share the mileage I get when I get home from Oregon. We have to take the f-350. The Turbo Diesel Equinox isn't running right after the tune. Damn ECM is trying to do things again that it shouldn't. But hey, driving my truck will be comfy and we can take a huge cooler for the big fish my wife will catch. ( She out fished me on the Walleye trip). 😐 Well , Coho don't normally get over 12 lbs and the Bottom fish will be small, and who knows how many Crab we will end up with. Summer is good but September and October can be the best for crab.
The wife is bringing kitchen equipment for boiling and serving Crab and Bottom Fish.
Anything else anyone know of that we should see or do in Lincoln City ? We have been there one other time. We only have 3 1/2 days for activities, and 4 nights.
When I pull my travel trailer and ATVs I will post that up here too. I bet I will be lucky to get 10+ mpg.

One sad thing is we just passed a fatality on Cabbage Hill above Pendleton. Someone's Father's Day is shot to heck. 😥
A pickup hit a truck or was hit by a truck and shoved into the side of a rock face of a cliff above the road. A blanket covered the corpse.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom