Longhorns vs Sun Devils

Roy

CWS baby! Wednesday 7PM. My prediction? Horns by 3!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I hope the Devils bury the Horns Roy!I do give them credit on their Athletic program and making it to the CWS, but whenever I think of UT I think of Mac Brown pouting to the media and big 12 last year. DOWN W/ MAC BROWN!!!Roy will you be in Austin this Fall? I plan on coming to the Tech/UT game.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-09 AT 09:28PM (MST)[p]HOOK 'EM HORNS!!

Yep - they were in deep trouble Ed - very deep, but they came out of it! Hats of to the Sun Devils - they played a good game and made Texas have its second largest CWS comeback ever!
Fun game to listen to. I was busy doing other things so I only got bits and pieces of it, but this is why I love college sports!

OH and CJ - Mack Brown whining?? Give me a break!! He was no worse than Bob Stoops who cried about his ranking after getting beat by Texas and then claimed that his victory over Texas Tech made it all better with smug confidence saying "Well we will play anybody" and certainly no worse than Mike Leach complaining about not even getting a BCS Bowl and giving his old buddy Stoops a reach around by saying that Oklahoma was better than Texas!! Oh yeah and who did Texas Tech lose to in their Bowl Game? The old 2nd stringer from Texas and Ole Miss! And what did Bob Stoops do? Got his butt handed to him AGAIN in a National Championship Game he didn't deserve to be in! I am not saying Texas would have won, but I think the match-ups would have been different. Anyway that is all history. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the CWS and of course to another great college football season! (This is the stuff that makes it good all year long!)

Yes I will be in Austin - the Tech game would be a great one to go to!

UTROY

4a38673f22eb6a70.jpg

498a6f395e505405.jpg

What a rough game to watch. ANYTHING can happen in college baseball. I fear our run will be over after the NC game. Pitching depth gets pretty slim after Leake, Spence, & Lambson.

Congrats Roy! That catcher really redeemed himself in that game. It's nice to see his grit come out when it mattered. The devils thought they had it won and found out otherwise. It was a great game. Hope we see you guys in the finals but It'll be tough taking 2 from you!

"and certainly no worse than Mike Leach complaining about not even getting a BCS Bowl and giving his old buddy Stoops a reach around by saying that Oklahoma was better than Texas!!"LMAO Roy!!

What was all the hype/word that UT was considering leaving the Big 12 this last month? Mack was "whining"(again);) about the tie breaker the Big 12 has for the Championship. If that word was true and there where talks that would be a huge stepdown for the whole UT athletic program wouldnt it? Maybe that is the trend that is going to start? UT tied with Nebraska and Iowa for last place in the Big 12 standings, Oh wait that was our Basketball program this past season. :) I also have question for you and your opinion of how many Non grad UT fans there are around the state and country. Is it the Band wagon trend? It gets real old when you get into a converstion with some redneck with burnt orange all over, a longhorn tatoo on their shoulder and a GED telling you how badazz the school and athletic program is? what gives? That is one of my pet peaves! We will have to try and get in contact the UT/tech weekend. I know I will be on 6th ST. after the game(In a Burnt orange T-shirt)LOL

If you guys haven't been watchin' this NCAA baseball series, you have been missing some exciting college level .......hell, any level....baseball.

I was pulling for Fullerton.....now I hope the Longhorns get it done.

They have an uphill battle now - lost last night 7-6. Gotta pull off two in a row and LSU is tough - and hot right now. The Horns are resilient though so these next two should be great games.

UTROY

Yeah Roy I'm a UT guy myself (class of '86) and last night was tough to watch. I was dropping in and out and it seemed whenever I watched LSU at the plate they did well. So from now on I'm only watching the Horns at bat...

:)

I will say I like LSU too. I hope the series is an epic one down to the final at bat with UT winning on a walk-off....

;-)

Tigers sure opened a can of whoop ass on the Horns . . .

Maybe the football season will work out better for UT.

Yes they did! Yep - that was a butt-kicking and a half! But that is not to say that things didn't necesarily "work out" for the Longhorns this season - this was an awesome season and they all played well. Lots of great baseball, and they are a young team for the most part.

So yes hopes for UT are very high for football this season. Good thing though that I am a very diversified fan, Utah is looking to rule the MWC again!

UTROY

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom