Lone Tree taylor hollow CWMU?

H

hunt4130

Hey everyone, I just drew out a tag for this unit and I'm very excited. Wondering if anyone has hunted and there success. Also the quality of the deer. Thanks for all your help.

Mike

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-10 AT 04:54PM (MST)[p]My brother in law has ground on this unit. There are some big deer if you can find them. I went with him last year and he killed a mid 180 very nice 4 point after seeing many nice deer. And a buck he shot a few years ago went 205.
If I was you I would not pass anything close to 170 or bigger. But it depends on when the CWMU Operator will let you hunt and for how long, and if your willing to eat tag soup looking for a monster. Good luck

No kidding! I hunted a plot of public land and shot a 160 class that ran off that unit. There was a 180 buck with him that stayed on the cwmu unit, ever since Ive been trying to get on the unit. Whos your brother in law? Brandon Brignoli?

Mike

Its an excellent CWMU! They took 2 giants last year. 230+. I'll try to track down some pics. I know the guy who runs it for the Bertagnole's he's my uncle.

Awesome! i called kirt today but he was on a flight back from Florida, I'm looking forward to his call. You just made me a lot more excited! id love to see some pics. Where did you draw out at? any recommendations on where to hunt?

I have a picture of one of the giant bucks shot last year but I dont know who shot it so I wont post it. I know it was over 230.
If I were you I would ask for Nov days to hunt if they are willing to work with you. There are some nasty spots for the big bucks to hide and the rut will bring them out.

Its a good unit but do not expect to see giant bucks all over the place. there are a few but odds are you wont see many.

I will talk to my bro in law and see what he says.

who is the CWMU operator?

I have never hunted it with a tag in my pocket, but did help my Bro, and Gramps a couple of years ago. We got in there late Oct. and there were a lot of deer. Lots of good bucks too. My bro missed one over 200", and ended up with a nice 175 or so. We hunted on both the west, and east sides of East canyon Res. Seemed like the West side had bigger bucks. My uncle is Frank Sutera, he helps run it, and guides I do beleive. The later they let you hunt the better. Once the snow hits it pushes a bunch of deer through there on their way to lower ground.

How many points did you use to get this tag? Congrats on drawing and good luck on the hunt, hope you get a big buck...

wow sounds like a dang good unit! good luck never heard of it but sounds like you will be having some fun with a possible opportunity at a hawg

I drew it in 2002, best bucks were on the west of the res. But i didnt see them till the last two days of the hunt and couldnt get up to them because of the snow. I took a 3x4 in taylor hollow the wasnt very big. maybe 150. wished i had a couple more days to hunt it but oh well, thats hunting.

i had 1 point. I cant believe i drew out. Ive heard of some big bucks being taken here, does anyone have any pics?

Mike

"wow sounds like a dang good unit! good luck never heard of it but sounds like you will be having some fun with a possible opportunity at a hawg"

That sentiment, as I write this, is echoing through all of Utardia lol....

Like I said anything close to 170 I would not pass. There are a few big ones but I wouldnt expect to see em. If it took nine points to draw I would much rather hunt a place like deseret

woodruff lol i think your right. will be interesting to see how many apps are iin for this cwmu next year have to try to remember to keep track lol

HAHA is that all it takes get get people away from the units I want. If so then i heard theres no elk on the wasatch LE LOL. Next time someone asks for info on a unit I'll be sure to give him false info so you guys have a better chance of drawing.

From my observations of the surrounding area the deer herds got hammered during the winter of 07-08. Notice the app #'s are going down on this unit. I think people are afraid the bucks just aren't there like they used to be....Of course this is my opinion....and from what I've gathered from some of the earlier posts maybe a few big boys made it through that winter.

It's a nice pull with 1 point though. Should be fun.

I've been on this hunt a couple of times, if you know the staff you may have a good hunt with the best dates - keep in mind as the norm, most hunters are happy with a very small buck at the end of a week here, lots of hype.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom