Lone Survivor... WOW!!!

CAelknuts

I know the book has been out for a while, but I just finished reading Marcus Luttrell's book 'Lone Survivor' What a book about an incredible battle and valor that most of us can't really comprehend.

If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it. It is the story of a Navy SEAL, and how four of them fought about 150 Taliban in a fierce battle in Afghanistan.

One overriding thought I came away with is what a sorry bunch of pukes our political leadership currently is, and how bad we need major change in this country. We need people who understand the concept of duty, honor, country, like our service members understand. The current bunch has no concept of this, and we'll be back on a better path when most of them are run out of office.

If you haven't read Lone Survivor and want a great read, I highly recommend it.

I'll have to read that one. Another book that sounds like its along the same lines as this one is "Hill 488" Its about Marines in Vietnam holding a hill. Unbelievable what those boys went through that night. My father in law is one of the Marines that is in the book.

I read the book a couple of years ago...couldn't put it down. One of his fallen Navy Seals was from my town. The Seals are the best.

Here's another great one. Breakout: the Chosin Reservoir Campaign. The 1st Marine Division, 15,000 men, were surrounded by 50,000 Chinese when the Chicoms came into the Korean War. The temperature got to 30 below zero and the Marines fought their way out to the sea. Uncommon Valor.

About TIME! Toby and I told you to read that a year ago!!! What a book and what a story!! And I agree with all you said!

2 weeks until we hit the swamp man!! I am getting excited

Ok, since I read this post origonally it struck an interest in me. It took me about a week and I had the book in hand. It only took me another 4 days and that book was finished. I couldnt put it down! What a great story. I cant help but think of how great the US military is and how great our Special Forces are to be able to do something like this. I agree with everything that was said about this book and our current government and would like to add that our current leaders in the media are just as big, infact probably bigger, pukes than the government is now. Their coverage of events that happen over seas with our Military is what is causing such an uproar. They love to tell the stroies of the poor goat hearders that got shot innocently by our big barbaric military personell. This is the true discrase to our guys over there doing the unimaginable and paying the highest of prices, sometimes with their very lives, for our sakes here at home. Again I echo what was already said and also recommend this book to everyone.

I read the book and really enjoyed it. I have to wonder though, how in the heck did that scope stay sighted in after so many tumbles down the hill? Didnt he say that they had fallen hundreds of feet down?

i love my country, and i love my UNITED STATES ARMED SERVISES!

THAT SAID, i dont read books, and i'm just going to wait for the movie.........................

sorry, i just dont understand how people have enough spare time in there lives just to read a book? maybe i really need to win the lottery, but between spending time with my family, earning a living for my family, and hunting- i just dont see where "reading books" fits in?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-11 AT 01:52AM (MST)[p]What are you doing right now?

In all fairness tho, reading comes rather easy to some...Not so much to others.

I work full time(most of the time 55 hours avg.) I go to school full time(although, this semester is only 10 cr. hours) and I have a family as well. There is time to read in my life, granted it is easy for me to do. I have read so many books for school that reading one that I actually want to read and one that doesnt read like a school book, it goes by fast. I read this entire book, which was sort of small at around 400 pages, in four days...and its finals week! I guess it is right that it comes easier to some, also some of us are good at managing time?? I dont know, but it was well worth the time I spent reading this one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom