Local Motorcycle "Gang"

eelgrass

Long Time Member
Every year they have a Veteran's Day Ride. They all go to a local cemetery and pay their respects. Usually about 100 bikers show up.

One of our local cemetery's has an obscure corner for indigent soldiers. It was not very well kept up. The flag pole was missing and the old plaque was stolen years ago.

Several different groups got together and decided to fix it up, including the motorcycle club. Come to find out, one of the motorcycle members donated all the materials and labor to put up the stone work at the base of the flag pole.

I went to the dedication yesterday (Nothing like the sound of 100 Harley's on the move.)but forgot my camera, so I went back this morning to take a few photos.
7451veteransday2013_002.jpg

1766veteransday2013_003.jpg

454veteransday2013_004.jpg

I found this grave marker of a Veteran of the Spanish-American War!

8837veteransday2013_001.jpg

I know several of the "gang" members. Even though it's only one day a year, they make me proud.:)

Eel

That is Great! Crazy about that headstone being so old! Wonder if anyone will go to a cemetery 200 years from now and say look, a WWI veteran is here...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Very cool work and looks well done. Sounds more like a club than a gang then again Boy Scouts of America might be a gang also. Lol. I like these clubs that actually do something for the community and make a difference versus the dirt bag 1 % 's like the banditos and angles that deserve a swift kick in the butt

Thanks for the story Eel. There is alot of good bike clubs that do great things like that and for the kids at Christmas time. Far more of them then there is of Outlaw bikers.
Your story of the old grave site from the Spanish-American war reminded me of going though a lot of the private Hatfield graves back in West Virginia. They buried their family members on the homestead site and I saw many graves for veterans from the civil war and even graves dating back to veterans of the American Revolution & French-Indian war to WW1 and WW11 and Korea.

RELH

There are no gangs of any type where i live. There are lots of regular guys out there that do have harleys though and sometimes a few will get together to take a ride to a neighboring watering hole on a given Sat.

I have known some "bikers" that weren't worth much and others that are salt of the earth guys who would give you the shirt off their backs.

Good people are just that, good people! Most of the guys i know that have the big bikes and ride, are good people!

Nice bit there Steve, well done!!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

"Club" that's the word I was looking for:) We'll let it go at that.

That would be very interesting RELH!

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom