local headlines

ELKOHOLIC

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-09 AT 07:04PM (MST)[p]You never expect to see this happen in a small town. It ended well, but a local girl will have to live with this for the rest of here life. It's good she had the know how to operate a gun. It probably saved here life.

I was in the store 6 hours after it happened and didn't find out about it till I got to work. Heres the story.

Community in shock following convenience store shooting
March 9th, 2009 @ 5:05pm
CENTERFIELD -- A strange case of violence in a small town in central Utah Monday morning left a would-be robber dead and a small community in shock.

Centerfield resident Antonio Ramos, 42, was killed when one of the women he was robbing grabbed his gun and shot him in the head.

"[There's] a lot of talk about, wondering what went wrong and what happened for sure. Until we are done, fully, with our investigation, there will those questions like there would be in any small town," said Centerfield Police Chief Stewart Jensen.

This is the first robbery Jensen has ever dealt with in his 10 years on the force in Centerfield, which is located south of Gunnison.

Just after midnight, police say Ramos approached an employee as she was taking out the garbage, pointed a gun at her and forced her inside.

Ramos told one employee to tie up the other, and then tried to tie up the second worker himself. She grabbed his .22-caliber rifle and fired, striking the robber once in the head. When police arrived, the suspect was dead.

"They did a good job defending themselves, under the circumstances. They had no idea what was going to happen to them after they were tied up, so I think they did what they felt they needed to do," said Sanpete County sheriff's Sgt. Greg Peterson.

Jensen says he had never dealt with the suspect before. We searched court records and could not find any history on Ramos either.

The two victims have been interviewed by investigators, and the Sanpete County attorney is expected to find they were justified in defending themselves.

Store officials did not want to talk about what happened, but they opened back up for business this morning.

Thats my home town also.I know the parents of the one gal.She was raised up around firearms and hunting.She knew how to handle firearms.Thank goodness that both gals were alright.(ROD)

Those are some lucky girls....and good for them. I pray to god it doesn't haunt them. They did what needed to be done, no telling what they were about to experience with Antonio...

Good ridance....

great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Good for her, it serves the SOB right. I hope he suffered. Now I won't hesitate as much to let people know that i grew up in Gunnison.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

THEY NEED TO ADVERTISE THIS NATIONALLY!!!

AND THEN SEND EVERYONE OF THEIR ASSES BACK HOME!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I wish this happened more often! Nice job ma'am. Maybe I'm just making myself feel better, but I would guess the trauma of killing this pos would be much easier to recover from then the trauma he might have inflicted had she decided to be a victim.

NO NVB!!!

NOT QUITE WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom