loaded gun

tylercreek2

Very Active Member
>>>>OSSIPEE, N.H. ? A New Hampshire deer hunter has accidentally shot himself in the right hand while trying to lift his loaded rifle into a tree stand using a rope tied around the weapon.

A state conservation officer says a branch or stick apparently got stuck in the trigger of Robert Lapointe's .50-caliber muzzleloader, setting it off at around 1:45 p.m. Saturday.

Mark Hensel of the state Fish and Game Department says the 63-year-old from Somersworth was hunting in Ossipee (AH'-sih-pee) on the first day of muzzleloader deer season.

Hensel says Lapointe has been taken to Maine Medical Center in Portland. A nursing supervisor there says he's being evaluated.

Hensel says Lapointe is expected to survive, but "shouldn't have been doing what he did<<<<

i've never hunted from a tree stand but hauling your gun up capped and ready to fire?

That's really to bad...that the shot wasn't lethal. We could use a few less brain dead hunters in this country. j/k

Another lesson learned the hard way!!

Joey

HEY SAGE........AS A HUMANITARIAN YOU MIGHT NOT WANT TO WISH DEATH ON A FELLOW HUNTER (WHITETAIL HUNTER OR NOT). A MISTAKE IS SOMETHING ANY ONE OF OUR FRIENDS OR RELATIVES COULD MAKE.....JUST A THOUGHT (GODLY) AS THE HUNTING BROTHERHOOD NEEDS TO BAND A BIT TIGHTER....................YD.

Sage,
I really hope you were just kidding man because that comment was horrible! Was he stupid-absolutely! Does he deserve to die for it-you be the judge. We've all done stupid things at one time or another.
Nate

Calm down guys the "j/k" at the end of his sentence means Just Kidding.

I dont think he was serious.

Jake H. MM Member since 1999.
458738e374dfcb10.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom