Loaded Day Pack Weight

grizzly

Long Time Member
Hey, I'm in the process of cutting weight on my daypack and wondered how much weight you guys are carrying.

Including food and water for a day, what is a good goal weight?

Grizzly

Are you including binos? Are you including your gun/bow? I end up at about 30 lbs for a day hunt but I am including everything (gun, binos, rangefinder, spotting scope, food, water, rain gear, camera, and whatever else I bring along that I am not wearing).

VM

As I've gotten older I've been lightening the load the last several years and I'm guessing I'm down to about 25#-28# now. About 16# of that is my rifle and a 100 fl. oz. water bladder, the latter of which I will definitely not cut down on.

Depends on what weapon I am carrying.

Water - 140 oz. Pack - 4 lbs empty. 30-30 for lion hunting - 6 lbs, or 8 for a .30-06 with scope. Probably 6-7 lbs of survival gear and food. So, anywhere from 22-26 lbs loaded for a hunt, give or take a couple. I carry my binoculars on my neck.

way to much! I also carry about 30 lbs
last year I ditched the spotting scope so I was forced to hunt closer/slower. I hated going without it. I use the scope way to much I guess. Now ive compounded the weight with cameras, video cameras.

My pack has the same weight in it year round pretty much.

I hike/train with it on all year round and then I hunt with it the same.

32-35 lbs.

I got rid of the Camelback 8lbs of water that I never drank daily anyways----I went to a filtered waterbottle quart size with the suction staw and it dropped 6 lbls of my day pack ASAP!

The only extra weight I have is my .454 pistol when hunting Grizz country in Wyo...

I shoot my bow practice with it on ect.

Robb

So if I can get my pack to 26-30 lbs including spotting scope, rifle/bow, food and water... is that a good goal?

Grizzly

I would think so, as long as you aren't so far back in somewhere that you get stranded by weather. If that fits in your scenario, then you would want extra stuff for pure survival like a bivy or sleeping bag, etc.

Fully loaded 25-30. I have an Eberlystock pack that carries my rifle. It distributes the weight nicely..

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

I added the Butt bucket to my set-up andit handles my bow great!

That adds 5lbs to my total pack weight though----but very nice to have my hands free hiking in the dark or coming out after hunting....

Whats a rifle/scope/sling/bi-pods/shells weight?
6-8 more lbs?

Robb

4lb pack, 100oz water, knife, food, spotting scope/tripod, various survival gear, water filter, extra clothes + bow i come in about 25#. id love to reduce weight but the only way i see it possible is reduce water. unfortunately here in NV you never know where you will find your next water source so this is what it is. It only feels heavy the last mile!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom