Liver

tylercreek2

Very Active Member
how many of u guys keep the liver out of your deer? i just had some and man it was good,cut it in strips marinade terryucki pineapple stuff 3 - 4 hours stick it on a toothpick with a cocktail onion wrapped in bacon then grilled,,,,, is a pain in the butt to do, but man its good

We eat goose breast chunked and the same way but we add a sprig of Ginger in there as well. Not bad...

I don't care for liver of any kind so if it's a far pack, it stays in the gut pile. If some friend requests one and i can, i'll gladly help make his day.

The heart goes with me though. I can't imagine leaving that in any event. Fried Heart and eggs, breakfast of big buckhunters everywhere. :)

Joey

I sometimes eat it...
But latly i give it an elderly couple who no longer hunt...
4a03d572639d0132.jpg

Rackmaster

I just have a hard time packin guts! I love liver, but would rather just buy it in the store!

Maddglasser;

I am just the reverse. I will not buy or eat beef liver. Army ruined me on that, but I love deer and elk liver and bison is the best of the three.

RELH

NOT IN TO WASTING ANY PART OF A BIG GAME ANIMAL!!!

SO I USUALLY LOOK FOR SOMEBODY TO GIVE IT TO!!!

LIVERS & FLYIN LIVERS JUST DON'T APPETIZE ME MUCH!!!

SOME GUYS GO NUTS FOR THE GUTS!!!

"I'M NOT COMPLAINING,I'M TELLING IT THE WAY IT IS,SOME OF YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,THATS O.K.,SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS & YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT,OR YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE FACTS ARE,STAND UP & VOICE YOUR OWN OPINION,THIS IS STILL AMERICA THE LAST TIME I CHECKED"!!!

493c3bb236d04499.jpg

REMEMBER!!!

THERE'S ONLY ONE bobcat!!!

I never leave the liver or heart.Sliced liver and heart dipped in egg and milk,rolled in flour,dutch oven cooked with lots of onions and a couple of garlic buttons,dutch oven spuds and onions,sour dough biscuts,damn good feed right there!(ROD)

I leave the liver, and the heart, and the menudo, and ALL the neck. I can't stand neck meat and refuse to bring it outa the field. On the other hand I've been know to sift through fresh road kill on the regular basis and steal steaks. So I guess everybodys thoughts on disgusting differ.

He who stomps the greatest stinky wins!

I've been trying, for 45 years, to figure out how to JUST get the liver and then release the deer.

I might eat some jerky, if it ain't suitable for shoe repairs.

I don't eat the liver but my Dad does. I don't really care for the taste of it.

I fried up a couple packages of deer chops today for lunch. I fry it in butter and onions. The kids devoured it. I probably could've cooked three packages and they'd have dusted it. Theres nothing like enjoying the game we harvest.

Steve

The older I get the less I like it. I eat more of it up on the mountain than I do at home. The wife won't eat it, and the kids are gone.

Eel

We ALWAYS keep the liver and heart. The elk,moose and bison we kill, we also keep the tongue. The wife has sewn up cloth bags just for the sole purpose of tranporting these things out of the field after the harvest. We get the liver back to camp and remove the thin membrane that surrounds the liver. Then we soak it overnight in salt water. This draws out alot of the excess blood in the liver. Then it is liver, heart and onions for supper!! Yum, Yum gimme some!!! If there is any leftovers then we have liver or heart or tongue sandwiches the next day.

LAST EDITED ON May-25-09 AT 08:35PM (MST)[p]As far as livers, I only keep them from elk. And the fresher the better tasting. Elk liver is usually really mild. Fried with onions and potatoes. mtmuley Oh yeah, I'll pack a heart all the way to the pan no matter how far.

I cook the liver in flour, onions and mushrooms while we're still up at camp. We love it.
You can eat the kidneys too, you just have to cook the piss out of them...ha ha, jiz kidding.

I think liver smells good when it's cooking with onions, looks good when it's done but it still tastes like liver. I always give it away to anyone that wants it. Nasty stuff as far as
I am concerned.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom