little time left

patea

my dad is getting older and we are from louisiana . was wondering if there is a unit that we could have a chance to draw with 7 points that would give him a chance at a decent six point and not be too tough terrain ,he is in pretty good health but we can't wait forever building up points. thanks

LAST EDITED ON May-18-14 AT 07:26AM (MST)[p]In a word: no.

If you accumulated 1-4 more points you could archery hunt some units but archery hunting pre-rut trophy elk is rough. Some of the best hunters in the State eat tag soup even though they spend weeks hunting.

Remember, half the tags in every unit are drawn randomly so there's always a chance of drawing.

Maybe others will have more encouraging information but that's my take on things.

Good luck,
Zeke

Maybe a any bull unit. But most of the time they produce rag horns. The only units you would be guaranteed to draw right now are the Cache units and they are tuff hunts. I would stick it out for a few more years until you get 10-12 points and hunt muzzleloader.

Paunsagaunt is only a valid option if they put in separate and go with the late tag (no bonus points) and only one tag. Anyway they look at it tho nothing is guaranteed and Utah LE is pretty much a OIL.

No worries UT, I just wanted to look over odds and was like crap then I looked at the NR and I was sh*t lol. I hate it when I can't give a fellow a good place to apply for.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom