Little League Parents

B

bosoxfan

Do any of you have any thoughts on what it is with Little League that brings out the worst in people? Between my three sons playing little leauge, high school and club baseball I watch well over 100 games a year and the biggest a$$ clowns are always at the little league games, coach's included. We actually had one coach calling the kids on the other team p#$$ys.
In my opinion after being in the hills baseball is the greatest thing to spend my time on. I am about at the point where I will never be involved with it again.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

Been there myself. As both coach and dad-spectator. I have learned to tune myself out and just shake my head at the things I hear at most EVERY game. Unbeliveable what some coaches and parents will say to coaches, kids and umpires.

Kevin

I agree with you. It seems the parents/coaches who get the most wound up were crappy players as kids or don't understand the game.

I coach a Little League team of 9-11 year olds and have seen some crazy stuff. Last year, one Mom told me she thought I should quit after our first 2 losses. I told her I would if any of the other 12 parents would take over. They didn't and we ended the season winning our division. It is just a game. I make sure to praise the other team's kids when they do a good job.

I have seen coaches and parents cussing their kids, calling them names. I have told parents on my own team to tone it down and then they turned me into the league. Seriously, ripping on a 10 year old? I don't put up with that crap. I had an opposing Coach threaten to kick my butt when I told him to layoff antagonizing my kids. Whatever.....

Another thing that bugs me is when adults get on the 15-18 year old umps. They are learning just like the rest of the kids.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

Thank God most parents around here realize that this area isn't exactully the mecca for upcoming baseball stars. But, there are always a few that want the best for their kid, and hope for great things, without knowing how to express their feelings. After 1 boy struck out to end a game, his father came to me & said I should set a time after regular practices to work 1 on 1 with his boy, if I was any type of good coach.

My best coaching line yet: After getting ripped 15-0 in an All-Star game, I gathered the players & parents. With a smile on my face, I stated, "Of all the millions of sperm produced in this world, I can't believe you 15 were the best swimmers".
That got a laugh out of the parents at least.

I quit playing after I had a coach that would chew my butt for anything I did wrong. Love the game, wish he wouldn't have ruined it for me.

You find out who your friends are when you see who shows up to help pack your bull out!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

My boys aren't old enough yet for organized baseball but I can't wait for it as I love baseball more than any other organized sport. My brother lives in Alabama and his kids play competitive baseball. It cracks me up to talk to him and listen about parents from each team getting into fights and having to call the cops, his kids are 13 and 9.

But the chance that you do get a good coach you can have memories for a life time. Best coach I had was my dad, he was strict on us not mean. He just expected us to try hard every inning, if we didn't try hard that is when we got benched. It didn't matter if we won by 10 or lost by 10 as long as we were working hard and improving, after playing with the same team for a couple years we didn't do a lot of losing. After hunting memories these are a very close second from my childhood.

Baseball was always my favorite sport growing up. Not so much for my 12 year olds. They've taken to basketball and football. That was just fine by me. To me, youth baseball should teach, teamwork, fair play, and teamwork. To some parents its win or nothing. Baseball seems to be the breeding ground for loudmouths. I play adult slow pitch softball, now. Lots of fun.

Don P.

I COACHED SEVERAL BASEBALL TEAMS OVER THE YEARS, SAW JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ON EARTH. SAW COPS COME TO THE PARK AND CLEAR IT OUT DUE TO OUT OF LINE PARENTS, SAW JEALOUS KIDS ATTACK OTHER KIDS, SAW PARENTS GO AT IT........SOCCER WAS THE WORST THOUGH.....YD.

>
> I COACHED SEVERAL
>BASEBALL TEAMS OVER THE YEARS,
> SAW JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING
>ON EARTH. SAW
>COPS COME TO THE PARK
>AND CLEAR IT OUT DUE
>TO OUT OF LINE PARENTS,
>SAW JEALOUS KIDS ATTACK OTHER
>KIDS, SAW PARENTS GO AT
>IT........SOCCER WAS THE WORST THOUGH.....YD.
>

That is not what I wanted to hear. My daughter was just asked to play on a competitive traveling soccer team and I was looking forward relaxing after spending time dealing with a-holes on the ball diamond.

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, then why did He make them out of meat?"
~Ted Nugent

I can't stand watching professional baseball. My 6 year old is in a league this year though and I love watching all the little kids play!! EVERYTHING is a distraction to them lol!! It's been more fun than I originally thought it would be but I'm hoping he'll get into Jr. Jazz more than baseball in the future.

GO KOBE GO!!

~Z~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom